Guest Redcanadahat

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

019.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

had it out again for a little mini glasto mushroom camp fire warm up session last night to get me in the swing of things and it worked a treat... got very warm in the morning but just open up both doors and had a lovely flow of air thru it :O

as for how waterproof it is... well it survived the thursday night downpour last year no trouble and the severe wind and rain on the monday morning at solfest, gave it a good dose of fabsil a few weeks ago too so am confident it will do its job this year no problems... although am hoping the weather is going to be as good as it was this weekend :)

if you are planning on getting one tho shop around... mine was on offer in argos last year, £160 reduced to £80, bargain! :) the solar powered fairy lights and parasol light for the pole are well worth the extra £20 too!

This our new tent for 2009, the Vango Tigris 400:

20081223172118.TIGRIS%20400%20LAUREL%20SAGE.jpg

It's a bit of a whopper for two people, but that's what happens when you insist on full stand-up height. When we put it up in the garden I started to think we might have gone a little overboard :O

It weighs a ton as well - our trusty B&Q trolley will be essential this year!

i've got a khyam rapidex tent. had it for about 14 years and apart from fading a wee bit it's still holding firm

love the khyam tents. they're so easy to put up, literally 2 minutes work and that's you, sorted. no poles or fiddly bits

This is similar to mine, it's great for dry weather, but I'm a little worried about storm damage.

I know it's going to be clear blue skies, with a slight breeze to keep the temperature down & Mr Evis is going to say "Free beer & cider for everyone" & everything is going to be perfect, but on the offchance that there are a few spots of rain I do fear for my dryness!

aztec_palacio6_l.jpg

I got this Aztec Palacio 6 man tent second hand for £60, bargain. As my other tent died in Glastonbury 2007, it had been to Glastonbury many many times. But this tent is huge, massive like a palace, I love it but I'm embarrassed its so big.

My man is 6ft 4" and in our last tent he had to duck continually and got sore back.

Is that bad, as our friends are coming into our tent too to eat, shelter and dance, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

well my tent is a popup 2 man one and i have tomorrow/today? and friday off work then working 14:30 saturday until 15:00 sunday and then annual leave until 1st/2nd july ish - going to spend time next week browsing different sites and shops etc for a new tent - looking for a deal as money is tight, but my 2 man popup isnt going to be the greatest of places for a week or so... (if u see what i mean) </waffle>

vango-delta-200-tent209.jpg

This is my trusted tent - 4 years old and not a drop of rain came through at leeds last year (i felt v.smug about this after people suggested i had wasted £25 on a tent and should of got argos £8 one!).

Though could probably make do with one half the size as no matter what i do, me and my belongings always end up rolled in a ball in a corner