Tent reccommendations please

Guest mercary

Hi guys

Unfortunately my lovely tent (Tessa) died a death at Leeds last year after some yobbo decided to ransack her looking for valuables. Nice one. She was a 6-man Confidence tent which cost me £40 from Amazon and was awesome, surviving 4 festivals with no more than a whimper as long as you were gentle with her zips (which this would-be thief was not, argh, rendered them completely useless :) )

Therefore, the hunt is on for Tessa mk II before Glasto this year. I was just going to buy another Confidence tent but the same tent is up to £54.99 now on Amazon - I am more than happy to have the same tent, but wondered if anyone else had any requirements?

Ideally I'd like another 6-man, but will settle for 5 or even a large 4 if it had a massive porch. I'm not fussed about colours or weights - but want a sewn in ground sheet, double skinned or single w/ fly, and want it to be relatively tall so that I can stand or nearly stand in it - I'm 5ft7.

I did see one in Makro earlier but it's groundsheet was all over the shop and it was only single skinned.

My budget is around £60, I'm loathe to spend any more than I have to! I probably will end up with the Confidence tent again, which I'll be happy with, but just wanted to poke around and see waht else was out there for similar spec and moneys?

Thanks in advance!

I was in Halfords yesterday getting something else and they had some real good deals on tents. Not sure that there are any that mathc your spec though! :)

Just had a look on Argos website. I personally like this one by the HS is only 1200. But maybe it would be OK if you get some of re waterproofing spray stuff.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...%7C12108132.htm

I also love this tent although a bit big, heavy and not very practical for Gastonbury http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...%7C12108132.htm