Food & Beer

Guest JonboyT05

Just up from the Meeting Point by the old Left Field tent.. as if you are heading towards the Accoustic Tent.

If you are coming the other way from Trash City, it'll be on your left hand side.

Superb selection of carb-heavy iced-bun-ness, pastys and goodies.

Seem to remember it doesn't open until 9 (may be 10) as I know that I have wandered down from Family Camping area to find them still loading the stall up!

'Tis truly a good place...

Just up from the Meeting Point by the old Left Field tent.. as if you are heading towards the Accoustic Tent.

If you are coming the other way from Trash City, it'll be on your left hand side.

Superb selection of carb-heavy iced-bun-ness, pastys and goodies.

Seem to remember it doesn't open until 9 (may be 10) as I know that I have wandered down from Family Camping area to find them still loading the stall up!

'Tis truly a good place...

ALSO

Don't miss the Garlic Bread place - heading from the aforementioned Meeting Point towards Jazz World - it's on the corner on the right (avenue leading to Pyramid, Mexican place opposite) and will always have a queue...

Indian on the bridge jsut before Jazz stage - £5 to fill yourself...

The image above is from the bar I was working in last year although that was a very small bar so some bars will have a greater range.

All the WBC Bars charge the same price { although in the guest bar it is a bit more expensive }

brian

How can you complain about the food at Glasto and then mention how much you paid for a chicken sambo.

What the hell are you buying a chicken sambo for when you’re surrounded by such amazing food stalls such as t hose mentioned by cheif? The food is one of the best things at the festival and sold at a decent price.

I think you forfeited your right to complain about Glastonbury’s ‘glorious cuisine, shipped in from all corners of the land’ if you’re complaining about a chicken sandwich.

Edited by staggerlee

I have been travelling to Africa, Europe and Asia and I have tasted many foods at much better prices. If I wanted to try a Camel Tagine or what have you, it would not be served out of a van in Somerset.

For the people who were discussing paying less for less...

I got a cup o hog roast, stuffing and apple sauce for 2quid last year, instead of a fiver for it in a baguette! I said I was 'bread-intolerant'. I'm not. I was a tad drunk... I always do it with the jerk chicken places too - just chicken please, no sides!

Then steal everyone else's leftoverchips.

:rolleyes::D

It's one of my boyfriend's ambitions to try roast camel, since he saw it on tv and they said a whole camel could feed hundreds of people. I always feel sorry for camels they look like they hate everything, but I'd probably try a bit of a roast one.

With the Hare Krishna, do you make a donation, or is it free, or how does it work? I am curious.

The food that I personally have eaten has, in my opinion, been very reasonaly priced and extremely tasty. I had a few veggie burgers from various places for around £4-5, but this is for really big burgers and salad and everything... you can pay quite a bit more for certain bigger meals, for example huge organic breakfasts and curries and the like, but the thing is it's restaurant standard (or at least the stuff I've tried) and so I'm willing to pay those prices. There are rip-offs but just look about elsewhere. YUM this has got me very excited!

that is excellent. was hopin places sold cranberry juice. (need it for me bacardi!) im glad glasto has a broad drink range. the range @ latitude was disgusting. considering they wouldnt let u bring ur drink into the arena section. all they had was:

aspals