Where to camp......?

Guest megamadcowclaire

I'm an 18 year old girl who is slightly uncool in the sense that I'm going with my Dad (none of my friends are into going to gigs, festivals etc - the one who said he'd go never got round to buying a ticket - so shall be hanging with my Dad - better than not going IMO lol)

Basically - last year - first time for both of us there. I was 17 and we managed to get into the family camping bit on Spring Ground (at about 6am on thursday - so the people on the gate didn't care too much as it was still pretty empty - couple of hours later sign went up saying only families with under 16s so we kept a low profile...) and thought it was really lovely, with v lovely people and quite liked not having tents on top of other tents and nice calm chilled out element of glasto late at night and in the morning.

This year - obviously doubt we're gonna get in there - and have no plans of kidnapping my 5 year old cousin to be able to get in - so trying to work out best place to go? We're thinking probs the normal campsites near spring ground (Wicket Ground, Lime Kiln, Hitchen Hill?) or would somewhere else be better (like near the Park?). Or is there a place where random families with older teenagers descend on? Planning to turn up as early as possible on Wed so don't imagine finding space to be a problem.

I'm an 18 year old girl who is slightly uncool in the sense that I'm going with my Dad (none of my friends are into going to gigs, festivals etc - the one who said he'd go never got round to buying a ticket - so shall be hanging with my Dad - better than not going IMO lol)

Basically - last year - first time for both of us there. I was 17 and we managed to get into the family camping bit on Spring Ground (at about 6am on thursday - so the people on the gate didn't care too much as it was still pretty empty - couple of hours later sign went up saying only families with under 16s so we kept a low profile...) and thought it was really lovely, with v lovely people and quite liked not having tents on top of other tents and nice calm chilled out element of glasto late at night and in the morning.

This year - obviously doubt we're gonna get in there - and have no plans of kidnapping my 5 year old cousin to be able to get in - so trying to work out best place to go? We're thinking probs the normal campsites near spring ground (Wicket Ground, Lime Kiln, Hitchen Hill?) or would somewhere else be better (like near the Park?). Or is there a place where random families with older teenagers descend on? Planning to turn up as early as possible on Wed so don't imagine finding space to be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Uncool? Going with yer Dad?

Oi... what's uncool about that?

I'm taking my daughter who turns 13 just 10 days before the gates open, so has already cost me ooodles of cash for her ticket, but we are going to have the best time ever...

I pity her Mum and brother (who being just 11 may decide the day before that he needs to be there...) who seem to think that they can watch on the telly... THAT'S uncool, if ever!!!!

However, being as the haul out with wet tent in 2007 was horrible, I'm doing a small degree of comfort this year with a borrowed caravan and my Land Rover... big mud tyres and no intention of getting stuck if it rains (which it won't...)

Uncool or not - we're going to be truly knackered come Monday... only thing Iwon't do is watch Lady GaGa...

Hi all..

I'm interested in this thread as My daughter (12) and I will be coming in from the west early on Wed.

Is there much difference to which Family camping you end up in?

Originally was aming for Cockmill but may be a bit of a drag with all the kit.. So Spring or Paines..

Is there really much difference?

Glad for any thoughts folks..

yeah..

i am Madyokels daughter(the 12 year old)and we are wondering which field to go in like madyokel said and we are definately going in one of tthe family camping ones aswell but we are still stuck on which one but we are slightly aiming towards paines ground but we still dont no...

HELP! :rolleyes:

Edited by noodle24

I'm 18 and I'm going alone. I'm the least cool! All my friends are doing Reading instead. I have one mate going who's working, and I have no idea what's going on with that. Still, couldn't be happier. Means I meet new people, get to do what I wanna do, not what everyone else wants to do.

And I can do obscene amounts of face-rubbing when I return.

My 18 year old daughter is coming with me, so we're in a similar situation too.

We were planning on heading to Park home ground or Big Ground depending on which car park we end up in. Pennards is way too crowded/noisy for me, and I dont think she wants to be right in the middle of the action as she likes her sleep!

But if you do find out there's a mini camp for older teens and parents then we'll come along! Or we could start our own....full of uncool people :rolleyes:

Last year I camped in Hitchin Hill Ground and it was relatively peaceful as it is slightly out of the way.

The really great thing about this camping area is the toilets and sinks as compared to some other campsites these don't get used half as much and so are generally quite pleasant throughout the festival.

in response to Thatmax, if your not fussed about sleep or noise then camp in the Dance Field!!

this year I'm aiming to get there early enough to pitch up in the Big Ground field