Benicassim 09, what acts should I check out?

Guest gary138

So far i'm excited about boys noize, 2 many djs, foals, tv on the radio, psychedelic furs. Will consider paul weller, walkmen, mystery jets if nothing else on.

Not too sure about everyone else, either haven't heard much or not bothered by, who else should I check out?

I recommend Birdy Nam Nam (if they indeed do play) turntablistas extraordinaire, electroclash queen Peaches to scare you witless, Gui Boratto for lush melodical techno, Aeroplane for some Balearic Disco and Late of the Pier for Erol Alkan inspired dance punk.

I think the line up is full of gems, fingers crossed and Oasis will cancel. :D

Edited by st00ka

Personally i'm looking forward to maximo park, 2many DJs, Mystery Jets, Friendly Fires and White lies. Also, am I the only one who wants to see Oasis ?! :P

Anyway, Not sure who organised it but when i last went to Beni there was a sort of Mix Tape/CD thing organised on here. Everyone interested put their name down and (depending on number of participants) was split into groups. We all made a compilation CD and sent it to others in our group in hope of receiving the same number of CDs back as you send out.

CD doesn't have to be Beni related, just a selection of songs for others to hear. Anyone interested in a repeat of this? may help people get to know some of the bands playing they may not previously have investigated or just discover some good music. If you end up in a group with poor music taste i guess you could always use the CDs as frisbees!

Those in favour, say aye!! if there are enough numbers i'll take it upon myself to organise something similar.

well thats three of us in so far then.

Do you think the board needs yet another new benicassim related thread purely for mix tape arrangements or should we just carry on from here where others may not see the plans?

well thats three of us in so far then.

Do you think the board needs yet another new benicassim related thread purely for mix tape arrangements or should we just carry on from here where others may not see the plans?

Thats four :)

Lets set the deadline for signing up as 29th May. Add your name to the thread if your are interested in joining in with the swapping fun!

I'll then aim to organise who is swapping with who before June 6th in hope that most can get their CDs created and posted mid-late June as an ideal build up towards the festival.

i personally cant wait to get off my tits, meet some awsome people and listen to some awsome music!!!

its my 1st time, and cant wait!!!

wishing the days away!! 10 weeks!! cant go quick enuff!!!

going egypt 3 weeks b4 the festival so kinda gonna be sorted for the heat, but hey its life!!!