Swine Flu

Guest JameSemajj

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Mr Prime Minister

but seriously, thats not true. get your facts right. i guess they will also close all shops and bars. stop all public transport and stop trade markets. get real!

you're all just contributing to unneccessary panic.

its almost like people want it to get worse, just to see what will happen.

Edited by JameSemajj

Whats with the ridiculous reply. 'Thank you Mr Prime Minister? OK

Do you honistly think i want the festivals to be cancelled? Ive spend over 600 pounds on festivals this year, and not to mention the amount of spending of money ill be taking.

It's a frigging pandemic (Currently lvl 5 in UK) and it's a fact that if it goes any higher, all major events will be cancelled. It's the law. I hope i'm wrong, but this is a forum and as far as i'm concerned, this is extremely important to us all.

What law is this?

I'm no expert but as far as I'm aware from what I've read if it goes to level 6 the world health organisations recommends countries to cancel large scale events. Not heard at all this is a law. It is also reccomended that schools and business closed, but how long can the country keep running with people not working etc, especially in the current economical climate. Every country handles things differently, and for all its many bad points the NHS is pretty good compared to a lot of countries. Again no one has died anywhere but mexico. The scottish people thought they just had jet lag when they first got back!

I'm the past there have been loads of rumours of festivals being cancelled due to things such as Foot And Mouth, Bird Flu and Terrorism yet nothing has came of it. I can't say I'm too worried, Reading and Leeds is quite a bit away it could all be over by then. If they stop festivals surely they'd have to close all city centres as well?

The main problems at festivals is that it would pass very easily due to the unsanitary conditions.

I'm the past there have been loads of rumours of festivals being cancelled due to things such as Foot And Mouth, Bird Flu and Terrorism yet nothing has came of it. I can't say I'm too worried, Reading and Leeds is quite a bit away it could all be over by then. If they stop festivals surely they'd have to close all city centres as well?

The main problems at festivals is that it would pass very easily due to the unsanitary conditions.

Whats with the ridiculous reply. 'Thank you Mr Prime Minister? OK

Do you honistly think i want the festivals to be cancelled? Ive spend over 600 pounds on festivals this year, and not to mention the amount of spending of money ill be taking.

It's a frigging pandemic (Currently lvl 5 in UK) and it's a fact that if it goes any higher, all major events will be cancelled. It's the law. I hope i'm wrong, but this is a forum and as far as i'm concerned, this is extremely important to us all.

Edited by CreepingDeath

pandemic my arse, stop talking out of your you complete imbecile !

THERE IS NO PANDEMIC, NO EPIDEMIC, NO DEMIC OF ANY KIND

bout a thousand people in britain are killed each month by regular flu (bbc radio 4 doctor on wed night)

n only a bunch of mexican pig farmers have died from pig flu!

there is less than no threat from swine flu, and idiot twats like you are blowing this out of proportion,

the world hasn't died from salmonella, nor has it died from BSE, sars, bird flu and it wont die from swine flu!

END OF!

pandemic my arse, stop talking out of your you complete imbecile !

THERE IS NO PANDEMIC, NO EPIDEMIC, NO DEMIC OF ANY KIND

bout a thousand people in britain are killed each month by regular flu (bbc radio 4 doctor on wed night)

n only a bunch of mexican pig farmers have died from pig flu!

there is less than no threat from swine flu, and idiot twats like you are blowing this out of proportion,

the world hasn't died from salmonella, nor has it died from BSE, sars, bird flu and it wont die from swine flu!

END OF!

Id rather the issue was blown out of proportion and everyone started to be a bit more hygenic than it being ignored and killing people.

Our governments response has been measured and sensible. Fact remains, many of the major flu pandemics have been weak at first, then died down, then struck back worse in the autumn. Caution should always be advised.

Look, I think the media have blown this out of all proportion.

BUT.

If this were declared a full scale pandemic (and that's far more likely than it ever was for Bird Flu), the cancelling of festivals would be a serious possibility.

Not a certainty, but certainly a serious possibility.

Anyone read this about Glastonbury

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/may/0...tival-swine-flu

Hopefully the same wont happen at reading.

Completely blown this out of proportion. I mean newspapers houldnt be aloud to print the things they print. I read one saying something like 100,000 Brits predicted to be dead as Swine flu spreads.

:P

Look, I think the media have blown this out of all proportion.

BUT.

If this were declared a full scale pandemic (and that's far more likely than it ever was for Bird Flu), the cancelling of festivals would be a serious possibility.

Not a certainty, but certainly a serious possibility.