Police Murder/Manslaughter

Guest Atlanteanlost

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me or does the bloke look pissed? not trying to stir the pot or anything, its just that the narration I heard on the guardian website said the man was on his way home from work.

I suspect it isnt as cut and dried as we might be led to believe, although on first viewing it appears pretty grim for the officer involved. (and obviously the poor fella who lost his life)

Edited by t8yman

is it just me or does the bloke look pissed? not trying to stir the pot or anything, its just that the narration I heard on the guardian website said the man was on his way home from work.

I suspect it isnt as cut and dried as we might be led to believe, although on first viewing it appears pretty grim for the officer involved. (and obviously the poor fella who lost his life)

I don't think this will get as far as a man slaughter/murder case. The officer was clearly out of order for striking th guy down and wil maybe face assault charges (??) Actually proving that his acts were the cause of the heart attack is another matter, surely it's all just circumstantial at the moment.

Pushing over a man with his hand in his pocket not posing a risk to the police officers is surely grounds for a man slaughter charge...

Will it happen...not a chance...

Police are free to shot people with little justification... A shove will be easily swept under the carpet as soon as the press get bored...

:lol:

Edited by oafc0000

from the footage I saw, it showed a bloke walking slowly in front a crew of officers, who pushed him on and he fell over. Hardly a smoking gun is it.

The fact the guy subsequently had a heart attack is just unfortunate. Given the amount of people the police were having to deal with on the day, a large number of which who were "Moved on" in the same fashion and didn't suffer subsequent injuries/illness, It just seems a bit excessive to jump on the police for this particular act.

At the most, it is common assault on the officers part, for which he should be reprimanded accordingly.

If I had to choose "sides" based on what we know (very little), then I would side with the deceased man, as would everyone on here I suspect.

I'm just a little cautious to take the story at face value based purely on the fact that the guardian reporter quite clearly states the man was "on his way home from work" when he doesnt appear to be IMHO.

And whilst the officer is clearly (based upon what we know) a little c**t, I find it hard to believe he caused the man's death, an average rugby player gets that kind of treatment 50 or 60 times during the course of a match.

The police officer was OTT but tbh if you dawdle in front of a police line with your hands in your pockets you can't really expect not to get pushed out of the way. It's unfortunate what happened afterwards but I don't see a manslaughter/murder charge coming of the incident

I'm disappointed to hear anyone on this site defending the actions of the Police Officer, but I'm not surprised. You are taught to defend and accept authority, however flawed and twisted.

I nearly had a raging argument with a very good friend of mine (who is a Conservative) the other night - some of the worst hooligans have a badge and a uniform :lol:

I'm disappointed to hear anyone on this site defending the actions of the Police Officer, but I'm not surprised. You are taught to defend and accept authority, however flawed and twisted.

I nearly had a raging argument with a very good friend of mine (who is a Conservative) the other night - some of the worst hooligans have a badge and a uniform :lol:

Well, err...

And then half the other comments are making out that it was this guy's own fault for getting in the officer's way, or being pissed, etc?! :lol:

I'm sure there are some very good police officers but there are far too many who join the force for all the wrong reasons, who are semi-trained thugs, and who have noticeable political bias.

And lest we forget - the poor sod who has died wasn't even taking part in the protest.

I'm sure there are some very good police officers but there are far too many who join the force for all the wrong reasons, who are semi-trained thugs, and who have noticeable political bias.

And lest we forget - the poor sod who has died wasn't even taking part in the protest.