Day Ticket over night camping with friend

Guest Frames

yeah shuttle buses are on every day, and there's always plenty of taxis around if you're feeling rich!

some people don't like day ticket holders camping (because they haven't paid to presumably?) but it doesnt bother me really as long as you're not putting up another tent or anything

they do keep saying they will crack down on day ticket holders camping afterwards but i haven't seen much evidence of that so far... and the site layout hasn't changed this year as far as i know so probably nothing to stop you

Is it possible to get a day ticket, park somewhere in Leeds, go to the festival camp with my friend who's got a weekend ticket then walk out the next morning and make my way back to Leeds centre and my car.

sorry if it's already been asked

• 2 weeks later...
I went to Reading last year and so can't speak about Leeds, but at Reading you had to show your tickets and get your wristband before you actually got on site if I recall correctly. I know before festival republic were the promoters you would go in, set up and then go to wristband exchange and you caould do it. Also at Reading, and at Dowload last year the on-site security were doing random checks on peoples wristbands. On the Friday night and Saturday morning as security were doing theire rounds as they came past our tents they asked us to show our wristbands to check we were all weekend ticket holders.
Edited by Dropkick Murphy

I went to Reading last year and so can't speak about Leeds, but at Reading you had to show your tickets and get your wristband before you actually got on site if I recall correctly. I know before festival republic were the promoters you would go in, set up and then go to wristband exchange and you caould do it. Also at Reading, and at Dowload last year the on-site security were doing random checks on peoples wristbands. On the Friday night and Saturday morning as security were doing theire rounds as they came past our tents they asked us to show our wristbands to check we were all weekend ticket holders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
You could do it easily, it's just a bit of a piss take if you get your mate to put up a tent for you where people with a valid ticket could have pitched. If you're kipping in with someone else and don't start throwing things about you should be fine though.