Is it just me.....

Guest MetalDave

Or is Reading/Leeds Festival this year looking absolute b0ll0cks?

Arctic Monkeys just announced as one of the headliners = FAIL

Price of tickets gone up by £20, so with early bird and P&P its looking around £200 = FAIL

The festival in general just seems to attract more arseh0les than ever before = FAIL

Last Year, RATM, Metallica, The Killers. This year potentially, Arctic Monkeys, KOL, Radiohead = FAIL (although i do love Radiohead the others are nothing special)

I realise that i could be made to eat my words if the announcement tonight is awesome, but from looking at the rumours i think i might be safe....... :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think im going to give Bloodstock a go this year. Never been before but with bands like Carcass, Arch Enemy, Kreator, Municipal Waste and Blind Guardian it should be awesome. I've seen 90% of the bands at Sonisphere so don't think ill bother with that.

yeah i'd love to go there too, but not sure whether i'll be able to afford it tbh.. i was also looking at hellfest but i found out my passport runs out in the summer and i can't afford the ridiculous £72 charge to renew it on top of the ticket prices/travel/etc ;)

I can see a lot of the non-indie loving R&L peeps coming to DL instead this year!!

The only person I have spoken to this evening who likes the line up is a HUGE Arctic Monkey's fan. Says it all. (He's my community outreach project really!!)

B x

Yeah and me.. just for FNM and the Sunday!

Im having to calm down an old college mate of mine as theve missed out on tickets and as i said to him there will be going more on sale tomorro probs...

And He's only going for Radiohead and its his first festie... so he is worried...

Then i relised ive been going to festies to long

I was so upset/angry/dissappointed when I saw that line-up. It was made worse by the fact that I bought the tickets before seeing the line-up, because in 7 years I've never had to think twice about going, assumed it would be the same this year. I nearly cried when I saw those bands pop up... seriously.

Whilst I enjoy Download more musicly, more of my friends go to Reading (usually), usually have more laughs, and because there's not a constant stream of quality bands, I get more of a chance to relax with my mates at the campsite as well as getting some quality bands to close out the weekend.

Having had some time to look at it properly though I've started to TRY and see the upside, but they haven't made it easy, largely because the sunday's w*nk (only Radiohead who I'm not that fussed by and YYYs who I'm curious about seeing live) so there's nothing to look forward to, although supposedly AFI and Lostprophets will close the 2nd stage which is actually pretty good (for me)

Brand New were poor in 2007 so are of no interest to me. Prodigy means I don't have to worry about the Slipknot clash at Download (though that was never going to be a big issue for me - Slipknot all the way) Placebo, Deftones, Fall Out Boy and FFAF are all pretty watchable in the sun with a beer and there's still room for Weezer or The Offspring to be the other second headliner and Rancid, NoFX, RBF and BFS could all potentially headline the lock up.

But alot of those "potentials" will need to fall into place to rule out me selling my ticket.

I really hope that a ) they haven't paid over the odds for those bands and b ) they aren't setting a precident for future line-ups....

Incidently does anyone know if Sonisphere is a one off or if it's definately going to be an annual thing?

Or is Reading/Leeds Festival this year looking absolute b0ll0cks?

Arctic Monkeys just announced as one of the headliners = FAIL

Price of tickets gone up by £20, so with early bird and P&P its looking around £200 = FAIL

The festival in general just seems to attract more arseh0les than ever before = FAIL

Last Year, RATM, Metallica, The Killers. This year potentially, Arctic Monkeys, KOL, Radiohead = FAIL (although i do love Radiohead the others are nothing special)

I realise that i could be made to eat my words if the announcement tonight is awesome, but from looking at the rumours i think i might be safe....... :lol:

Who lets these children out to "riot" anyway?

As far as I am aware, the "riots" started as people messing about and it all got a little out of hand and they ended up setting fire to the toilets and stuff. Eww!! But over the years this ritual has become a planned and orchestrated event. It's just not rebellious anymore kids!! It's confirmist!!

And oh pooooo. Slipknot and Prodigy clash? Evilness. Mind you, I'm going to see Prodigy next so all works out.

B x

haha, wow, that is a SHIT line-up! i haven't been in 7 years and probably never will again. the reason we stopped going was the arseholes who went and the riots, and if that was 7 years ago i dread to think of some of the bottom-feeding pond life who attend these days...

edit: and just looked at the price - holy-moley! :D

i thought Download was f**king expensive this year but man... and what exactly is a £10 'early entry' ticket...?

Edited by Salt_On_Everything

Well it looks like i won't be needing to scrape any egg off my face today, because that line-up is f**king awful!! Bloc Party, Funeral for a Friend & Fall out boy again!?!?! who are they trying to kid!!?

I'm really surprised they got The Prodigy as they are Downloads second stage headliner, i just hope that Download can get the Deftones in return!!!