Taking alcohol in / going back to the car

Guest markeee

I read a few posts now saying that:

a) there's a limit on what you can take in to the festival ? never saw this mentioned

B) you have to take your alcohol in on the first trip

i normally do this, just so i don't have to go back to the car, however..surely you should be allowed to go back to the car to pickup more if required (no security mentioned this on my way in?!)

are these now official 'policies' that I have to take my alcohol in on my first trip, and can only take a 'reasonable' amount in!!!

it's bad enough the prices they charge in the arena,. and that you cannot take your own alcohol in..forcing you to go without while in the arena or pay the colossal arena prices!!!!

as to searching - i came in through the brown car park entrance in 08..and they seemed to be searching a fair amount of people, however in previous years-when coming in through the green car park entrance, there were never any searches

are there searches at all entrances now?

You can go in and out the campsite and take whatever you want, whenever. You might be search but they're only looking for illegal substances so alcohol is fine.

We normally take all our stuff and set up tents, then walk to Tesco for booze and bring it in. There's no policy against this or whatever.

HOwever that's just the campsite, as I say you can take go to and from the campsite as much as possible no problem but you can't take booze into the arena (Where all the bands are).

I read a few posts now saying that:

a) there's a limit on what you can take in to the festival ? never saw this mentioned

:rolleyes: you have to take your alcohol in on the first trip

i normally do this, just so i don't have to go back to the car, however..surely you should be allowed to go back to the car to pickup more if required (no security mentioned this on my way in?!)

are these now official 'policies' that I have to take my alcohol in on my first trip, and can only take a 'reasonable' amount in!!!

it's bad enough the prices they charge in the arena,. and that you cannot take your own alcohol in..forcing you to go without while in the arena or pay the colossal arena prices!!!!

as to searching - i came in through the brown car park entrance in 08..and they seemed to be searching a fair amount of people, however in previous years-when coming in through the green car park entrance, there were never any searches

are there searches at all entrances now?

yea i thought it was fine..no limit on what you take in etc

but i read a thread where someone said they had some security guy giving them grief as they had 3 crates between 2 of them and the limit was a 'reasonable' amount LOL

id never known it be a problem before or even heard of it.. least last year it seemed fine

must just be lies:)

thanks

mark

Edited by markeee

There is no limit, unless u have a dodgly secruity person or someone looking to get themself some free alcohol. The only thing you have to consider is your not supposed to take ane glass into the campsite. This they can confiscate. More often then not you won't get checked so this is no problem but if you want to make sure just empty it into a plastic bottle.

There is no limit, unless u have a dodgly secruity person or someone looking to get themself some free alcohol. The only thing you have to consider is your not supposed to take ane glass into the campsite. This they can confiscate. More often then not you won't get checked so this is no problem but if you want to make sure just empty it into a plastic bottle.

no limit on what you can take in as far as i know. and you are allowed back to the car i've done it multiple times since 05. last year though was the 1st time any of us had been searched. we went to the carpark on the saturday to listen to the boro vs liverpool game and on the way back in we were searched and my mates had 1/2 ounce taken off them. so if you do go back to your cars then leave your stuff behind!

Edited by corky

How likely you are to be searched depends on how busy the gate is. Last year we could have gone in via the main gate (the one by the box office) but we were 100% certain to be searched. We didn't have anything on us but at least one of my mates was NEVER going to get everything back in his bag, so we walked down to the river. There was only one person doing searches at that bit, so we just waited for some unlucky so and so in front to get picked and then all went through.