Festival Slow on Confirming Acts

Guest Big Jock

It seems that all the other festivals have confirmed the majority of thier headline acts,and other support acts,but low and behold I.O.W. has only 7 confirmed acts up till now.Which I think is a bit lame considering I.O.W. and Download kick off the festival season.So why hasnt any more acts been confirmed yet,has Mr Giddings forgot that we the festival fans are anxiously waitng to hear what other acts he has secured,and hope their a bit more pleasing than what he has already got,I think a lot of you will agree it has not been that great to say the least. Now that all the camping tickets are sold out,it seems Mr Giddings doesnt give a toss about us he has made his nice tidy profit.Its the first festival on and the last to confirm the majority of acts.

seems to me that they just confirm more when ticket sales start to slow but i dunno

giddings did say about a month ago that they still well booking the headliners and were going to announce once they had finalised the deals.

but im getting a bit annoyed too (especially waiting all that time for Razorlight)

In the IOW Chronicle this week, which is obviously the font of all knowledge on these matters, JG said that 35,000 tickets have already been sold, which is remarkable for an event where no one including the organiser knows exactly who will actually be playing!

I seem to remember that last year the headliners were annouced before Christmas and even the big top was sorted by the end of February. Seems that we are going from one extreme to another!!

In the IOW Chronicle this week, which is obviously the font of all knowledge on these matters, JG said that 35,000 tickets have already been sold, which is remarkable for an event where no one including the organiser knows exactly who will actually be playing!

I seem to remember that last year the headliners were annouced before Christmas and even the big top was sorted by the end of February. Seems that we are going from one extreme to another!!