Efests Glastonbury Spotify

Guest robith

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't see the point in a service where you can listen to a whole album for free before buying it, but the artist still gets some money?

This opens open loads of new bands to you. So many bands who I haven't been able to afford to invest in before I can now listen to, risk free, and then decide to spend the cash, but unlike illegal downloading, the artist is still getting something.

I think that's pretty freaking awesome

:)

Well, Spotify is by far the best thing that has happend to music since mp3 (if it ever was a good thing? Maby be we was better of with LP`s, but they where kind of hard to play in the car).

Then ofcourse, you need a computer and internett. You can log in on which ever computer you want, and still have acsess to your own playlist and the collaborative ones, like the glasto-playlist Which have saved some partys for me). You can go about your mp3 player like you always has.

Edited by Jens Wildman

Cheer for this.

Had seen talk of Spotify elsewhere but didn't see the advantages over Last.fm.

Obviouslly playlists such as this are the main advantage so saves me going page to page on last.fm checking out different bands I haven't really heard anything of.

Haven't added any tracks at the moment, as haven't had a chance but I'm sure I will in the near future.

Cheer for this.

Had seen talk of Spotify elsewhere but didn't see the advantages over Last.fm.

Obviouslly playlists such as this are the main advantage so saves me going page to page on last.fm checking out different bands I haven't really heard anything of.

Haven't added any tracks at the moment, as haven't had a chance but I'm sure I will in the near future.

To be fair, YouWhat, I don't think r0cky was saying that stuff happened because of Spotify - their hack was that if someone knew your Spotify username and you had a weak password it's possible they could have brute-force guessed your Spotify password. Not a huge breach, but the important thing is that they admitted it and fixed it, which is better behaviour than Apple and others in similar situations.

Edit: Just read the BBC article and they did lose username and passwords, for accounts created before 19th December. So if you're in that group then change your passwords!

No credit cards were leaked, nor could they be if you weren't a premium member as the service is free and doesn't ask for anything more than a name (which you can fabricate) and a post code, which you can also make up (I should know, I registered with a false one from here in the US). So as long as you don't have one master password for everything you do the leak, or any subsequent ones, wouldn't really be of any worries for you other than losing your free spotify account. It's really not that big of a deal.

Yeah, I kept getting my hopes up seeing acts on there and then coming here to see they weren't on the list. Though someone deleted Florence and the Machine, and they are TBC here! I'm putting them back on as we speak...

Actually, nevermind, I've realized the problem, I just switched my country from UK to Netherlands, and a bunch of the bands aren't registered for the Dutch version yet, so that's why I can't see Florence. Oops.

Edited by suchacharmer

No credit cards were leaked, nor could they be if you weren't a premium member as the service is free and doesn't ask for anything more than a name (which you can fabricate) and a post code, which you can also make up (I should know, I registered with a false one from here in the US). So as long as you don't have one master password for everything you do the leak, or any subsequent ones, wouldn't really be of any worries for you other than losing your free spotify account. It's really not that big of a deal.
Edited by r0cky

Slightly off topic with all the hacking conversation, but I'd just like to thank Robith for the Spotify Efestivals playlist. The missus and I have been listening and been turned on to a few bands that we would never have otherwise considered (in particular I've got her listening to Fleetwood Mac right now :unsure: ).

Edited by Onus