WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

any showers in this heat are bound to be late on and like thunderstorms.

Thursday last year was heavy, really heavy for a few hours but that was it and the ground soaked it up and then the weekend was bliss.

This year at least we'll get 2 days of scorchio and then I reckon if it does hit it will be the same. Just be good not to hit evening onwards but mid morning to cool the tent down for sleep

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Netweather have updated their forecast following the 06Hz run:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2

Now they seem to be suggesting that there will be r**n tonight. I am sure I've not seen that forecast before. Tomorrow has light r**n on and off all day and then there is some heavy r**n (5mm) forecast for Friday evening. Saturday seems to have improved, but with 'moderate' (3mm) r**n throughout the day though. Sunday pretty much the same as Saturday.

Yeah I am getting annoyed at these forecasts now but have to keep reminding myself that in the runup to 2007:

A) a LOT more rain was forecast to fall

:D the temperature forecasts were a lot lower

The constant rain and the low temperatures were what made 2007 such a trial.

Whatever happens, low temperatures would not seem to be an issue here...

I reckon you're looking at something drier than 2004, with rain on one day, not both Saturday and Sunday.

Overall, it'll be one of the drier festies of recent years.

Today and tomorrow look glorious, so stop being miserable and go and enjoy yourselves!!! :D:)

I reckon you're looking at something drier than 2004, with rain on one day, not both Saturday and Sunday.

Overall, it'll be one of the drier festies of recent years.

Today and tomorrow look glorious, so stop being miserable and go and enjoy yourselves!!! :D:)

Only to happy to help dude.

Just think of me spouting bollocks on this very forum whilst you're enjoying yourselves in a haze of various substances.

I will be spouting bollocks on this very forum because it's more interesting than work, and I can't think about anything else other than Glastonbury. It's a pain in the behind.

If any of you think for one moment that you're annoyed with your predicament IF it rains, where would you rather be? In your position, or in mine?

I would rather be there in knee high mud, as long as it was Pilton mud. As it stands I am stuck in mud, metaphorical mud bringing me down to the level of shit thrown on top of me by my employers. And by god does this shit stink.

Your happy post of the day was brought to you by Prozac .

Woo hoooo!

Netweather has updated and Fridays rainfall has been downgraded to light or very light! :D Saturdays rainfall is down overall and rain on Sunday is now predicted as negligible!

Actually I don't know why I'm so excited by this - the forecasts are all over the place and they'll probably be saying there will be a monsoon by midnight. I think it's time to forget about the forecasts and just focus on enjoying ourselves.

Until the next update anyway. :)

Weather Warning issued for the South West!

Risk of disruption Warning Valid

South West England: Bath + NE Somerset

Bristol

Cornwall & Isles of Scilly

Devon

Dorset

Gloucestershire

N Somerset

Plymouth

S Gloucestershire

Somerset

Swindon

Torbay

Wiltshire

Heavy Rain Fri 26 Jun

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting some southwestern parts of the UK on Friday. Some heavy thundery showers are expected through the day and lasting well into the evening. Although some parts may well stay largely dry, the heavy showers could give 20mm or so of rain in places, and possibly in excess of 40mm very locally.

Issued at: 1019 Wed 24 Jun

Back from Glastonbury, all pitched up. Head back there again properly later this afternoon. Just checked the metoffice forecast and it's not looking bad now. It's saying sun on Saturday and Sunday. Friday is the worst day. We'll see. The site was looking great yesterday - very dusty.