Pukkelpop 2009

Guest Semprini

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lineup wise, the 2 festivals are pritty much the same bar a few bands.

Can't speak for Lowlands as ive never been to it, but Pukkelpop is excellent, well organised, theres 1 huge campsite for everyone (directly opposite the festival site, so no long walking) so theres good fun to be had in there.

9 or so stages, comedy tent (mainly dutch though).

a good thing is the "boiler room" its basically a dance tent that stays open till 4am every night, so the music doesn't just stop at 1am and then its back to campsite.

I think the first part of that article is correct up until and including T in the Park, but the latter is from last year, seeing as they played Hydro Connect (cancelled this year, so impossible) and Reading and Leeds (no positions on line up for them, this year so doubtful) last year too. Would have been nice though

Good spot. Just seems a bit strange how they'd put an article together and mix two years of gigs up??? Lazy/sloppy journalism I suppose :rolleyes:

Here's a definite confirmation though: The Count and Sinden will be back again this year to play a DJ set. Hopefully it'll be both of them this time and they'll get a proper slot in the Boiler Room, rather than a short PA in the Dance Hall.

Aug 20:

Aeroplane

And So I Watch You From Afar

Bon Iver

Booka Shade

James Yuill

The Offspring

Aug 21:

Brookes Brothers

Dananananaykroyd

Kap Bambino

Fight Like Apes

Florence and The Machine

Kraftwerk

Mad Caddies

The Count & Sinden

Aug 22:

Arctic Monkeys

Don Rimini

Hudson Mohawk

Life Of Agony

N.E.R.D.

The Jesus Lizard

Unknown day:

Alter Ego (live)

Anti-Flag

Beirut

Dave Clarke (DJ set)

De Frietjes

Eric Prydz (DJ set)

Grooverider & MC ID (DJ set)

Keith Caputo

Martin Solveig (live)

Marujah

Opeth

Phoenix

Soap&Skin

Tocadisco (DJ set)

Vitalic (live)

Wilco

Only another 170 or so to go :huh:B):)

I've looked through this thread and the one from 2008 and I haven't been able to find anything about hostels. Are there any budget accomodation options other than camping? I'll be backpacking without camping gear, and would prefer not to spend the cash on hotels.

I've looked through this thread and the one from 2008 and I haven't been able to find anything about hostels. Are there any budget accomodation options other than camping? I'll be backpacking without camping gear, and would prefer not to spend the cash on hotels.

I've just had a quick look through a few sites and there doesn't seem to be a hostel of any description in Hasselt. There's also very few hotel rooms left and the cheapest are coming in at around €300 for 4 nights from the wednesday. I've paid €306 for a room at the Holiday Inn Express (which includes breakfast) for the four nights but I've just found the confirmation email I got from 2007 and it was €208 :wacko: Imo it's still value for money but just frustrating that the weak £ is making it work out much more than it should be.

If you don't want to buy camping gear your best option might be to see if someone on here or the official forum has any room in their tent.

Hi there,

I'm new to this part of the forum.

I went to Werchter last year with a few friends and loved it but am looking for something slightly different so I thought Pukkelpop would be a good choice.

I'm just wondering, I'm going with someone who is disabled, he can walk ok but has a major limp and finds it difficult to stand for long periods of time. Does anyone know if there are disabled viewing areas available at Pukkelpop?

Thank you!!

Oh and could anyone tell me when the rest of the line up or the next announcement will be? I've also seen a couple of different guesses with when the tickets go on sale. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks a lot! :huh:

Hi there,

I'm new to this part of the forum.

I went to Werchter last year with a few friends and loved it but am looking for something slightly different so I thought Pukkelpop would be a good choice.

I'm just wondering, I'm going with someone who is disabled, he can walk ok but has a major limp and finds it difficult to stand for long periods of time. Does anyone know if there are disabled viewing areas available at Pukkelpop?

Thank you!!

Oh and could anyone tell me when the rest of the line up or the next announcement will be? I've also seen a couple of different guesses with when the tickets go on sale. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks a lot! :P

Thanks for that,

very helpful!

It seems a very chilled out festival, which is good. I like the fact that most stages are in tents as well. My birthday is on 6th May so just in time for a nice birthday present :huh:

That's great news that and you will know us by the trail of the dead are playing, they're quality live!

Hank III and Assjack have self-confirmed for the Friday. I can't find where the source has come from but apparently Rise Against and the Bony King of Nowhere will both be playing too.

I'm pretty sure there'll be a big line up announcement next week and tickets will go on sale the week after ;)

It hasn't been officially confirmed anywhere yet but it looks like festivalinfo.nl have leaked tomorrow's line up announcement:

Crystal Antlers, AeroPlane, Ellen Allien, Andy C & MC GQ, Steve Aoki, Benga, The Black Lips, The Bloody Beetroots, Ebony Bones, Booka Shade, Bring Me The Horizon, Brodinski, Brookes brothers, The Bug, Busy P, Cavalera Conspiracy, Congorock, The Count & Sinden, Dananananaykroyd, Deftones, Don Rimini, Ed Rush & Optical, Enter Shikari, Fake Blood, Fennesz, Florence and The Machine, The Ghost of a Thousand, Golden Silvers, Grizzly Bear, Hank III and ASSJACK, Health, The Hickey Underworld, Howling Bells, Hudson Mohawke, Paul Kalkbrenner, Kap Bambino, LA Riots, Magnetic Man, Magnus, Mew, Moderat, Noisia, Partyharders Squad, Rusko, Shantel & Bucovina, Club Orkestar, Simian Mobile Disco, Skream, Snow Patrol, The Subs, The Black Box Revelation, The Chapman Family, The Soft Pack, Deerhunter, This City, The Ting Tings, Rolo Tomassi, Vegas, Vetiver, The Whitest Boy Alive, James Yuill, Zero 7, Zombie Nation

There's also some talk on the Dutch forums that 50 Cent will be playing too but he wasn't on the list published by festivalinfo.

My initial impression is that I'm a bit underwhelmed by this announcement, although I felt like this at the same time last year and it turned out to be an amazing line up of music over the weekend. There's quite a few bands and especially DJs that played the festival in the past 2 years coming back again, which can be a good thing or a pain in the arse (obviously depending on who it is :) ). I'm really pleased about Magnetic Man and Fake Blood but I haven't looked into any of the bands I haven't heard of before so I'm sure that'll bring up a few gems. From that list it's pretty obvious to say that the only potential headliner is Snow Patrol but there's some talk that Pearl Jam may be in the frame as they've announced a european tour just before Pukkelpop starts.

Here ya go people: Line up poster :blink:

A couple of surprises thrown in here. dEUS will be headlining two nights in the Marquee and from what I can make out so far 50 Cent, Subfocus & MC Jakes, Yo Majesty, the Baddies and the Parlour Mob are all new. Simian Mobile Disco, Paul Kalkbrenner and Rusko will all be doing live sets and Congorock is now vs His Majesty Andre.

Edit: The link above has been taken down so you'll have to now wait until the morning to see it properly.

Edit Edit: Just found it again:

Marz667_27042009220424.png

Edited by Semprini

I think that some of the highlights for me are Arctic Monkeys, Faith no more, Kraftwork, Snow patrol, Offspring, deus, The Ting Tings, Bon Iver, Alter ego, Black box revelation, The Hickey Underworld, Mew, Florence and the Machine, The Subs, Dananananaykroyd, Fight like apes, Howling Bells and And so I watched from afar.

So not too bad for me so far and there's plenty of acts that I haven't heard of so will investigate and then there's about 100 or so more acts to be confirmed!

I'm looking forward to it.