Nova Rock 2009

Guest bandmiguelin

I went to this in 2007....really good laugh, camping is crazy and there is hardly any english there so all the austrians wana talk to you as tho your some sort of celeb! cool tho......the 2 headliners this year look a little weak so will prob not go next year.

Travelling advice - Get a Ryanair flight to Bratislava in Slovakia as its only like 10/12 miles away from the festival even tho theyre different countries.....cos Vienna is like the other side of austria to Nova Rock.... And i tell you a night out in Bratislava is a crazy adventure in itself!

I went to this in 2007....really good laugh, camping is crazy and there is hardly any english there so all the austrians wana talk to you as tho your some sort of celeb! cool tho......the 2 headliners this year look a little weak so will prob not go next year.

Travelling advice - Get a Ryanair flight to Bratislava in Slovakia as its only like 10/12 miles away from the festival even tho theyre different countries.....cos Vienna is like the other side of austria to Nova Rock.... And i tell you a night out in Bratislava is a crazy adventure in itself!

• 3 weeks later...

I went in a group of 6 or 7 of us last year and it was absolutely awesome. The bands, organisation and campers were all spot on. If only UK festivals were as good!! Definately looking at heading back this year if some more decent heavier acts start appearing on the lineup.

And yeah in regards to travel, what r0w said is about right. we flew to Bratislava a few days before, had a right booze up for a couple of nights and found the details we needed to get us there from tourist info. stocked up on booze in the Tesco's in Bratislava, got a train with 1 change that took us to Nickelsdorf and then got the shuttle bus to the site which altogether can't have cost more than 15 or 20 quid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I are coming from Australia for Rock am Ring and have decided to get to Nova Rock as well! Should be really good.

We've planned to go to Bratislavia like was suggested in here.

If there's any advice you all could give to us, having never done a european festival before, it would be great.

Thanks,

-Noodle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

both FNM and Metallica will play on the first night of the festival. is there any information that the two bands will play at the same time on the two separate stages (like the two headliner bands), or they will follow each other on the main stage? i don't want to choose between the two bands, i want to see all my favorites. B)

Edited by zsolt

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...