The Great Rock & Roll Swindle.....

Guest Ming The Mercyless

So Festival First was the first sign that things weren't quite right in the mind of JG and then he announces the Sex Pistols as Saturday's headliners. Ever get the feeling you've been cheated campers?

I feel so gutted about the poor quality of the line up this year. So after 3 great years of the IOW festival I'm saddened and disappointed to say that I'm gonna take my business to a festival where the people and the atmosphere really matter..

Yep I'm off to BESTIVAL 2008!

Anyone care to join me?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness Ming, the line up is a million times better than last years already.

Pistols as a saturday headliner is a disgrace, but I think Giddings has wised up to the fact that people will go to his festival anyway meaning he can book shit line ups.

Having two headliners though one of whom had a lifespan of two years and one who last released an album in 1983 is a disgrace.

Edited by Uncle Liam

I saw the Pistols in Manchester a couple of weeks back and they were great. I bought early bird bestival tickets and I think these all sold out so the promoters put tickets on general release.

Weekend tickets £130 on ticketline.co.uk

You're not going to a festival with around 10% of its lineup announced and not to your taste, but are booking one with none of the lineup announced instead?

Fair enough the headliners should be the two biggest bands, but that's not to say they'll be the best, and not to say Bestival's will be any better.

You're not going to a festival with around 10% of its lineup announced and not to your taste, but are booking one with none of the lineup announced instead?

Fair enough the headliners should be the two biggest bands, but that's not to say they'll be the best, and not to say Bestival's will be any better.

It's pretty disappointing so far. I knew they would have a job to follow this year but this is not looking good at all. I saw the Police recently and it was quite enjoyable but see it again? No. I'm dubious about the Pistols. Do they still have any anger or is it all an act? Oh dear, oh dear.....

I've been going since 2004 and the above was by far the worst line up. Out of the above Placebo were OK but I wouldn't get out of bed for Ashcroft. He was appalling.

As I've said before I'm going for music, beer and lying in the sun having a laugh. It's highly unlikely any of the acts I really like would ever play at IoW.

Come on Paul! No festival line up will ever be as bad as Sunday at last years IOW. The Rolling Pensioners, Keane, The Fratellis, James Morrison, Paulo Nutini and Melanie C! Insultingly bad.
Edited by pc18568

Come on Chris, wise up. You go to a festival like IOW expecting kick arse headliners on top. When i first went in 05 it was Morrissey and REM, and in 06 it was Foo Fighters, Placebo, Editors and Richard Ashcroft which stopped me from selling my ticket. Considering I havent seen a positive review of the Sex Pistols anywhere, and considering the organisational disaster that IOW has turned into, and all the postive reviews that Bestival gets, I can hardly blame anybody for making this decision.

And lets be honest about it, the chances of John Giddings getting anyone good, after forking out for The Police (not cheap!) is unlikely. I'm quite confident it'll be more silly little acoustic and novelty acts filling out the rest of IOW.