Rock im Park

Guest tommay

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought our tickets two days before it was sold out!

We wanna join in on the Scandinavian Camp (with a touch of Nova Scotia, eh?)!

How many are you in your groups? rockchick87, Lintvedt and Fistfights...

We are 2 Norwegian guys, 21 years old..

(Lintvedt; where are you from in Norway? rockchick87; you and your friends are all from Lund, yeah? I used to date someone from there! :D)

Ahh, looking forward to the festival now!

Going to take the train/hitchhike from Frankfurt on thursday, so will be down there around 18-19 i guess!

-andy

alright.. Viking Camp it is! as i mentioned earlier, we'll be getting there thurs night so keep a spot for a 4-man tent for us! we're 3 from sweden aged 21- 23 (myself & two guys).

the big question now is - why am i ALWAYS the only girl at our camps at rock & metal festivals?!?! where are all those girl-rockers?! it was the same issue at Download last year - a camp of about 15 people from ireland, scotland, south africa, sweden, etc - and i was the ONLY girl. ditto for Sweden Rock, ditto for Hultsfred. viking girls, we need your input :D

erm its a bit mad really. everybody takes everything from fridges 3 peice suites, hell i have even seen a man with his PC set up and running off a generator! its a great friendly festival, dont expect it to be like reading/leeds it has a totally differnt feel to it. just wait, you will see :blink:

erm its a bit mad really. everybody takes everything from fridges 3 peice suites, hell i have even seen a man with his PC set up and running off a generator! its a great friendly festival, dont expect it to be like reading/leeds it has a totally differnt feel to it. just wait, you will see :blink:

fine from anytime i have been. no real problems with rain, usually come back with a tan! but i hope im not talking too soon!

totally up to you lad, we are defo stayin the night, so if you cant be arsed you can just give us a shout, ill bang you me number nearer the time. even at the festival if you boys fancy gettin f**ked one night lol we usually have a few footies too so i rek we could get a match goin!

All right! This is looking better and better!

Lintvedt: Haha, funny, we're going on the same flight! From Torp, yeah? We're from Horten originally (study in Trondheim), so maybe we know the guy/guys from Tønsberg!

We'll stay the night in Frankfurt though, and then catch a train/hitchhike on Thursday... Sharkeybmelody: sure you don't have any room in your car? Woud've been perfect! :(

Wullie: I will check you guys out on myspace!

carlyflower: come join us at the Viking camp! (we gotta call it that now that norwegians, swedes, scots and english are joining up!)

By the way: anybody got a spare tent for 2 prs they don't need? we're going camping in brazil, maybe someone wants to sell an old tent....?

sharkey: as you've been to rip a few times, where should we have our camp?

-andreas

Edited by Lintvedt

From Torp yeah ;p maybe we'll see ya there. Actually my mother lives in Horten ;P We also know about some people from Notodden going, check this facebook-group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9981483038

Viking Camp sounds nice ;D

But anyone knows where we should have the Viking Camp? Have seen the maps for 2007 at the website, will those maps be the same for this year?

BTW, hoping for some great weather! Have been at Roskilde the last two years, and last year was a f**king hell indeed!! ;D

2008 maps are up on the official site.

Was thinking camping areas 1 and 4 looked best but it's a bit of a walk from the S bahn stations. Someone said you can get a tram to the site, anyone know where this drops you off?

Only 28 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't look like we'll make it to Frankfurt on the Wednesday night m8. By the time we get out of the airport there's no buses till 5 am. So think we'll either camp in someones garden or book into a local motel for the night and head to Frankfurt train station on the Thursday am and onto Nuremberg. So, F**k knowes when we'll get there. Just look out for the Bonnie Scotland flag in the campsite to the left of the info centre (if you look at last years maps). We' still swap numbers nearer the time and hook up eh?

"IF IT AINT ROCKIN...CUT IT OFF!"

There were definately some cocktail bars last year. Also the odd stall selling wine.

Lager was mainly becks, becks and becks although there was one stall selling some "interesting" beer. :P

Not 100% sure about the drinks prices, around 3 euros for a beer i think, but I remember that the Platic cups have a deposit so you have to keep em then take em back to get the deposit back. Good to see that they tried this at Reading last year although its not quite the same with papaer cups. :P

Our hotel is right by one of the festival entrances so no need for a cab if you get the right hotel.

I have never done the camping thing here but I think they also give you a rubbish bag to fill up.

Not too long to go now folks, gettin verrrrry excited now. just looking at the line up there...who (apart from the big bands like metallica and ratm etc.) are yous looking forward to seein the most, especially bands that you haven't seen before? and also if you've seen any of the smaller acts who would you recommend? i recommend a band called 'in case of fire', if ya get a chance to see them they're pretty good. i can't wait for to see eagles of death metal too.

Not too long to go now folks, gettin verrrrry excited now. just looking at the line up there...who (apart from the big bands like metallica and ratm etc.) are yous looking forward to seein the most, especially bands that you haven't seen before? and also if you've seen any of the smaller acts who would you recommend? i recommend a band called 'in case of fire', if ya get a chance to see them they're pretty good. i can't wait for to see eagles of death metal too.

I've checked out aprox. 1/3 of the bands i hadn't heard about before, i can recommend these so far:

Fair to Midland - as already mentioned - hard rock with alternative metal vocal, both hard and soft... kind of AFI vocal (not THAT good of course).. Pretty good!

Fiction Plane - (the British people here may have heard about them?) is a great band! Kind of ska-indie/alt rock! Great vocals by the son of Sting! The lyrics are a little influenced by his father I feel! :P But really great! Check them out!

Infadels - not that unknown, but not that famous either, so i'll include them here... great dance/rock band! gotta see them!

Kill Hannah - great alt. rock band, touch of emo, but cool. a little synth adds a nice twist as well! Mix of genres! punk/emo/alt.rock/electr

Sportsfreunde Stiller - German band and german lyrics, but pretty cool music! Rock. Check out!

The fall of Troy - Great band! A lot of genres! Mostly influenced by hardcore... but also some touches of punk, funk and pop! Awesome live!

The Fratellis - Scottish indie band - (most brits probably know this band) Great! Catchy! Pop-punk-ska-indie!

Cheers

Andreas :P

My must see acts are: RATM, Metallica, Cavalera Conspiracy, The Prodigy, Opeth, Motörhead and The Verve.

Would like to see: Black Stone Cherry, The Hellacopters, Eagles of death metal, Justice

Probably going to be some clashes but...