EXIT 08

Guest EXIT festival

yea last year we got the overnight train to bar...with delays it took about 15 hours. We just went to the train station on a whim after the festival and got a ticket in about 5 minutes, no problem. but maybe we got lucky. My mates booked a flight to Tivat but no idea how much that costs

I was a bit gutted the beaches were all pebbly but apparently they're more sandy near the albanian border? and nudey ones too! :D

Kotor is beautiful.... bit of a weird experience being there on a saturday night; bunch of scruffy, dirty (yet handsome) brits recovering from a week at exit and an overnight train journey..... surrounded by the Russian/Serbian nouveau riche, dressed to the nines on the montenegrin riviera :blink:

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

Lookin' for accommodation during the exit festival?

Visit our site www.novisadapartments.com ,if you need any additional info about the accommodation possibilities,Serbia,Novi Sad...feel free to contact us anytime at nsapartments@yahoo.com

hey all knowing-derm,

we gonna get the train from novi sad to sarajevo, will we also have to queue for tickets?

Also my accom is booked for 5 nights, but the festival ends after 4 nights...should we just leave then? whats the point in having another night when festival is over?

I wish i had more time to see everywhere I want to see, specially now montenegro has been mentioned, but I think we're decided on 2 nights in sarajevo, then 4 in dubrovnik...

hey all knowing-derm,

we gonna get the train from novi sad to sarajevo, will we also have to queue for tickets?

Also my accom is booked for 5 nights, but the festival ends after 4 nights...should we just leave then? whats the point in having another night when festival is over?

I wish i had more time to see everywhere I want to see, specially now montenegro has been mentioned, but I think we're decided on 2 nights in sarajevo, then 4 in dubrovnik...

And Montenegro is definitely worth checking out. There are a few ways to get there - you can get the train from Novi Sad to Bar, which takes about 12 hours overnight, but you will need to book it in advance which means taking time out while you are at the festival to go and queue at the train station for about an hour. Alternatively, you can go to Belgrade and get a plane from there to Tivat, which is not far from the most beautiful part of the whole of Montenegro, the Boka Kotorska bay. All around the bay there are some really nice towns (check out Kotor for sightseeing and Herceg Novi for a night out - there is a cool club there in an old fort).

Derm <_<

i didnt go straight from novi sad to sarajevo, but me and mates got the bus from sarajevo to novi sad on the way back...

If I remember correctly there's only about 1 or 2 trains a day between Novi Sad and Sarajevo? might be at weird times, might have to change in belgrade. There's loads more (direct) buses between Sarajevo and Novi Sad if the trains don't suit. Just the buses stop in the east of Sarajevo, in the Republika Srbska... you can get a bus/tram (? my memory is fried) into the city from there

awwww wish I was going now! The bosna coffee was some of the best i've ever had, mmmmmmm

i didnt go straight from novi sad to sarajevo, but me and mates got the bus from sarajevo to novi sad on the way back...

If I remember correctly there's only about 1 or 2 trains a day between Novi Sad and Sarajevo? might be at weird times, might have to change in belgrade. There's loads more (direct) buses between Sarajevo and Novi Sad if the trains don't suit. Just the buses stop in the east of Sarajevo, in the Republika Srbska... you can get a bus/tram (? my memory is fried) into the city from there

awwww wish I was going now! The bosna coffee was some of the best i've ever had, mmmmmmm

I guess the queueing is a bit hit and miss - I know when we went to the station last year it took us ages, but then sounds like insurgente sailed through. Probably best to go sometime when its not likely to be too busy, like even the Friday daytime, if you can manage it. We went on the saturday which could be why it took so long.

5 nights for accommodation is standard because a lot of people want to arrive on the wednesday and have a night to get their bearings, or stay on monday night to recover a bit. If you don't have any plans and just want to chill out, then there is loads to do in NS, but if you're looking to move on, and if you don't have long in sarajevo, I would just move on. Never been to Bosnia properly - have driven through it (which took about 5 minutes cos it has the shortest coastline ever, blink and you'll miss it) but it's meant to be pretty cool.

But next time, defintely put montenegro on your list of things to do - it is the perfect place to just chill out

Derm <_<

Sooo yeah all quiet on the Western Front... There's no big Hip Hop act so far this year so there's gotta be one of them en route I rec.

Come HostMat you seem to be all knowing... Give us a clue as to who else may or may not be on the cards...?

Sooo yeah all quiet on the Western Front... There's no big Hip Hop act so far this year so there's gotta be one of them en route I rec.

Come HostMat you seem to be all knowing... Give us a clue as to who else may or may not be on the cards...?

Well mate, you are quite right :D

One more Hip hop act will be confirmed soon for Thursday 10th July (also more acts for Main stage after 2 and for DJ Arena, Fusion stage, Explosive, World music etc).

Hi! If you need good accommodation, take a look at this site: www.exitaccommodation.com

This isn’t just a site, where you only book your accommodation; also you can gather loads of info about Novi Sad, famous venues, bars, restaurants, we can get you a full service including booking a flight to Serbia, transfer from airport to Novi Sad, rent a car for you and lots of additional sightseeing besides the festival.

Anything you can imagine and even more, exitaccommodation.com people will make it happen! Just feel free to ask!

Sham 69 Really?.. Buggar so thats 2 ageing punk bands this year then....!

All a bit quiet on this board.. cummon guys... Tell us what last few dance acts and rockers you're hoping will get billed? Umm Tell us how you plan to get there... Tell me whether you've been before... Tell me your stories..... Tell me about your mum - is she hot?