Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

I've been saying this for days and i will repeat it, it will rain but how much it rains is the key.

And we won't know that til it does...........at the moment the dryness of the site with the odd shower is good news, tomorrow might piss down, wednesday might, Thursday Might, Friday Might............Sat and Sun might.............

After all it's all predictions, and me unlike alot of the public respect the job the weather people do, but weather is like the news.......forever changing.

But hell being for sure how much it will rain is very difficult to predict, so lets not all rush to drown ourselves in pessmism.

And hell once it's happening half of us will be so pissed we won't notice ;)

Good news about it stopping for Shirley..........thats about the time i will probably venture from the safety of my tent area.

Edited by Matty Hurst

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21.6mm of rain is forcast to fall between 9am and 3pm. 31.7 will have fallen by 9pm. Apparently.

[edit] On thursday!

Is this more or less rain than G05? I'm sure it's a lot less. Anyway, the website is using nice big rain icons to represent "Heavy Rain". Nothing is labeled as "monsoon" yet although the word monsoon - according to the thesaurus on Word - means "torrential rain", "downpour", "cloudburst", "heavy rain" and even "heavy shower". So I'm quite confused as too how much rain we're being promised. Help me please?

Glastonbury Weather (...the old man is snoring!)

There is no doubt the ground will get a bit muddy.

But it isn't comparable to 97/8. Much more an 04 to my thinking.

If not too much rain falls the ground will be fine - muddy, but not irreparable given some sun.

Whilst, yes, the peat soil turns the ground to mud in a flash - the peat soil also returns to a solid consistency given just a few hours of sun in cases. And that is a fact.

ive come to the conclusion what ever will happen will happen rain or heavy rain, and am offically singing my self off from looking at this thread givin that ill be leaving in just over 24 hours ;):)

we'll all have a great time regardless.... so see you all there covered in mud ;)

>I've been saying this for days and i will repeat it, it will rain but how much it rains is the key.

>And hell once it's happening half of us will be so pissed we won't notice ;)

actually, fri-sun might even be on the dry side. can't see at the mo how it can rain sunday, unless some freakin polar low descends on us.

BBC WEATHER is saying heavy showers every day now til fri, im sure they change it every 5 mins? but metcheck looks good, with just heavy showers on thursday, which is bad for me cos thats the day we will ariive but im hopin after fri, things will improve?

Hi mate

Thanks to Microsoft thinking this was the V Festival, trying to rebrand it as the X-Box Tent and thus upsetting some important people, the excellent Lock Tavern tent is no more.

You forgot to mention that in your article.