Bath & West Canpervan opinions

Douwie78

Hi all been to the festival many times and lucky enough to get tickets again this year. Last year we stayed in Blue East General Campervan which was great a 15 minute walk and we were into the festival but we missed out on those tickets this year so just wanting honest opinions on using Bath and West? Shuttle bus times and waits and  how much walking is required etc. 

thanks all Dan 

Hi Dan,

We normally go in the general campervan fields but last year we ended up at Bath & West after I  missed the accommodation sale. It's a nice enough site to pitch on, the loos are very nice and clean and the shower block is a big plus point. The shuttle bus is tolerable for most of the festival and it dumps you at Gate A which I reckon is roughly the same distance as Gate C from the Pyramid stage. Having to catch the bus definitely gave the weekend a bit of a different feel for us.
We had a horribly long wait (hours) trying to get back from the festival site on the Sunday night. We usually pack up and head off Sunday night so that was a real pain, but if you normally travel on the Monday maybe not an issue, but I'd recommend heading back to B&W either before the end of the main stage sets, or much much later.