Travelling alone - which car park?

Chrisp1986

This year I am travelling alone and so will have a lot to carry as cannot share it out. I will be bringing  cart with me to pull everything but which would be the easiest car park to aim for? I ideally want to avoid the massive slope we walked down / up one year. Last year we ended up at PGA where you cross the little road at the bottom of a hill to then go left to A or right up a hill to another entrance. Not that bothered where I camp as guessing many will be full when j arrive Wed PM.

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

This year I am travelling alone and so will have a lot to carry as cannot share it out. I will be bringing  cart with me to pull everything but which would be the easiest car park to aim for? I ideally want to avoid the massive slope we walked down / up one year. Last year we ended up at PGA where you cross the little road at the bottom of a hill to then go left to A or right up a hill to another entrance. Not that bothered where I camp as guessing many will be full when j arrive Wed PM.

Stewards will direct you into a car park, if you go the same side as last year then you'll be in Pink or Orange but don't really get a choice - but after that you can decide whether you want to walk towards A or D with your stuff.  Can't comment on how hilly D is - it's a farm sadly, so at least a bit 😄  Maybe you can camp a bit lighter if it's just yourself?  Hopefully your cart is decent and it does all the work for you!

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Stewards will direct you into a car park, if you go the same side as last year then you'll be in Pink or Orange but don't really get a choice - but after that you can decide whether you want to walk towards A or D with your stuff.  Can't comment on how hilly D is - it's a farm sadly, so at least a bit 😄  Maybe you can camp a bit lighter if it's just yourself?  Hopefully your cart is decent and it does all the work for you!

It's the Amazon basics cart whoch worked really well at Bearded so hoping it holds up!

4 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

It's the Amazon basics cart whoch worked really well at Bearded so hoping it holds up!

Big chunky wheels?  You'll be grand - take it steady.  If you're struggling by the time you get through whatever gate you go for then find the nearest property lockups (left into Bushy Ground if you come through D, or straight in front of you if A) and dump half your stuff until a bit later in the day after you've found your home.

11 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Big chunky wheels?  You'll be grand - take it steady.  If you're struggling by the time you get through whatever gate you go for then find the nearest property lockups (left into Bushy Ground if you come through D, or straight in front of you if A) and dump half your stuff until a bit later in the day after you've found your home.

Kind of. It was fine on the rocks and rubble at Bearded and was dragged around with stuff in all weekend there. Just worried if it goes I will have multiple car trips.

20 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Kind of. It was fine on the rocks and rubble at Bearded and was dragged around with stuff in all weekend there. Just worried if it goes I will have multiple car trips.

No guarantees sadly.  Unless the cart came with a guarantee? 

If you're genuinely worried about it, have a think about what the worst situation would be (hopefully that results in something that isn't too scary, and hey, you'll be fine) and then try to plan for anything specifics that might go wrong - e.g. have some water with you in case you're stranded in the blistering heat.  If your cart goes wrong it probably won't happen until you're miles away from both your car and the entry gate (Sod's law, someone will be along with a progression to that law in a minute).  Main thing I'd be trying to do is to pack as light as possible.