Flying to Creamfields

tibasaur

So me and a friend are flying over from Dublin, and we've never gone to a festival in another country before.

My main concern is bags, we'll have our camping gear (tent etc) which will be checked luggage, our carry on cases which will be our clothes etc, and then when we arrive in Manchester airport we're gonna have to go buy some food and a load of drink to bring with us too.

Any advice on what we can get at the festival and therefore can just leave at home?

Also I know there's an alcohol limit, and no glass is allowed, how many bottles of alcopops can you bring in and if I poured a load of them into 2litre bottles would they be really anal about trying to figure out how many bottles were in it?

Thanks in advance!

From my experience last year they don't really care about how much alcohol you bring in, they're mostly just looking for drugs, glass and weapons. My mate brought a couple of 2 litre bottles with spirits in them and they didn't even bother checking what was in them.

Theres a bunch of basic stuff you can get at a camping stand at the camp site like small tents, sun cream etc. Try not to over pack as the walk to the campsite is awful and we were waiting in line for 5 hours last year (Bronze camping). Silver and Gold camping get a queue jump.