Pop up Motel vs Tangerine Fields

louise2014

Having done 2 Glastonburys in traditional camping style, I'm looking at options of a little more luxury this year. Does anyone have any experiences of camping at the pop up motel/tangerine fields. There seems to be 9 quid difference, with a tent already being pitched at tangerine fields, whilst you pay to pitch your own at the pop up.

What's the quality of the shower/toilet facilities?

How far are they from the gates/how safe are they to walk back to at night?

How far is car parking from the tend?

What's the quality of the tents like at tangerine? How much space do you get for a pitch at the pop up?

Are there any other options people are aware of that keep under the 350 region that you would recommend instead?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks x

I did tangerine on my first year.

Toilets always seemed pretty clean. the showers were always really busy though, expect to queue for at least an hour.

Tangerine is quite a bit of a walk from site, I remember late at night heading back its a fair walk to the gate then a fair walk again to the tents. But its pretty safe, lit and plenty of stewards around.

Cant comment on parking as I didn't see any.

The tents are pretty good quality and a decent size for 2 people.

Having said all that il be sticking to normal camping from now on, closer to the action, cheaper and more atmosphere.

19 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

On glastomap.com Tangerine Fields looks a similar distance to the East Camper fields. Fifteen minutes to the Pyramid apparently. 

Pop Up Hotel is quite a bit further out I think, although they don't seem to be massively clear on exactly where they are:

• Under 15 min LEVEL walk from the hotel entrance to Gate D 

Pop Up Motel is next to ZooLoos, although the map is from 2013 it was the same for 2015 and 2016 I believe
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwji8ZvX4s_PAhVEuBQKHXbPC_QQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.efestivals.co.uk%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F190361-pop-up-motel-any-experience%2F&psig=AFQjCNGVkWgQ3L0yrBs08AydtR3Ji1Eu5A&ust=1476172887664602

Thanks for the help. I've gone for TF. Not sure what leave I can get with work and a dodgy back, so having a tent set up takes pressure off and means less to carry with a much shorter walk! Downside is missing the atmosphere camping on site - but I'm just stoked to be going.