Live in Vehicle area

Sam84

So we have a van and our friends are coming in a car. First time they have been so said lets all camp together. We both have live in vehicle passes but seen on the email from KC that they will not be allowed on the living vehicle camping area. Ive questioned this with KC as no where when booking does it state that you cant use a car and a tent. In 2014 the rules said that aslong as your car had a pass it would be allowed on and in 2015 i was parked up to a number of car/tent combos. I have asked if we get both our pitches if weve paid for them but had no response. Think its a bit of a low thing to do a week before the festival! Anyone had an experience of this? Any sugesgtions? Ive tried borrowing another van but my friend is using it! 

May just attempt getting in with the car and selling pass if we get turned away. 

Cheers Sam

I asked a similar question when the tickets first went on sale, as I wanted to sleep in my people carrier as I'm carrying a shoulder injury & am really going to struggle carrying our camping gear in. I got the same answer as you, unless it's a specifically adapted vehicle it's not allowed.

personally I can't argue with that. I'm essentially asking for a bend in the rules & they are saying no. 

If they allowed people to just use their cars. last year then maybe some people pushed it too far and the organisers have decided to enforce it this year. Its annoying I agree but if you don't have a live in vehicle then i think people will have to accept their rules. Its not great (well for me it isn't) but that's the way it goes I guess.

So as I understand it you have a campervan and they have a tent? So all they need to do is park in the normal car park and, provided there tent will fit in your allowance (7ftx7ft) then there is no problem with them walking in with their stuff and camping within your pitch.   

I'll be honest, I was there last year and no cars were permitted onto the live in vehicle field unless they were towing a trailer tent or caravan, but plenty of people walked in with tents and camped next to friends with vans.

Edited by muddychick

On 7/23/2016 at 9:43 PM, benstennis said:

I've had an email from KC this year telling me my family who don't have a caravan or live-in pass can pitch beside us in a tent. We have a caravan and live-in pass....

See you in the fields!

This has always been the case - as long as they fit within your pitch - which is a loose 8m sq - just be nice with the guys parking you up and Im sure you'll be fine.