Looking Forward to Camping at Worthy View..... Any Tips?

sburton1975

Me & my lovely friend are camping up at Worthy View for the first time, we've always camped in the main fields in previous years, but it's my 40th Birthday this year so we decided on a bit a luxury.

We're on countdown now, alcohol is purchased, sleeping bags ready, lists being made & on weather watch too..... getting more excited by the day!

The advantages of not having to take & set up a tent, being able to park the car a lot closer & the facilities at WV are all plus points for us. The steep hill doesn't really faze us & we'll be making use of the property lock ups this year, something we've never bothered with previously.

So we're just after any tips or advice from fellow WV stayers past & present that will help us enjoy our stay even more.

Who knows we may even bump into you & have a cider & natter.

I liked it last year, and the hill didn't really bother me. Haven't got any major tips, but depending on where you are coming from I would try and approach from the south as you seem to miss all the other traffic.

The Ladies shower queues looked pretty long, but obviously not a problem for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Stop at the village green on the way in and out of the festival. Stop, sit and enjoy the view from there.

Plan your evening wear and store it onsite in the lockups.

Never bothered with the showers.

Food has been OK but there's been far better on site.

Don't think of WV as a luxury option, more a convenient option.

Enjoy yourselves!

The car park is close enough that you don't need to take everything in with you, so keep stuff in the car and get it as required.

As others say, the main bogs and showers are packed in the mornings, so either get up very early or wait til around midday.

I didn't find the hill that much of an issue but then I was in a fair old state every morning walking back up it.

I didn't even know there was a lockup in WV but there is one on the way into the festival just after the Tipi field and opposite the first entrance to the Stone Circle as you walk in.

It's really handy. 

Otherwise, enjoy

Interesting. I'm also a WV first timer this year. Hope that they've seen previous loo issues and added some more. Having said that, I'm usually up by 8 and anticipate that's ahead of the crowd.

I know that last year they said they couldn't add more showers because they had max'd out the water capacity, so I'm not sure if this will prevent them installing more toilets

Edited by Space Shanty

I didn't even know there was a lockup in WV but there is one on the way into the festival just after the Tipi field and opposite the first entrance to the Stone Circle as you walk in.

It's really handy. 

There isn't as far as I'm aware. The one you refer to is the one I tend to use to drop off evening / nighttime supplies.

There isn't as far as I'm aware. The one you refer to is the one I tend to use to drop off evening / nighttime supplies.

Ah grand.

Yeah it's in a great spot.

Handy-ish enough if you're walking to and from the Park towards West Holts or SE Corner.

And really handy if you're just collecting stuff en route back to WV