Hiring a Van to sleep in at a festival

sloaney007

Hi guys, I've been to KC for the past 5 years now and have seen my fair share of good and bad weather. My firends and I normally just buy a cheap tent each and leave them there (normally due to them being water logged!) however this year we are contemplating chipping in to hire a transit (or equivalent), driving it into the camper field and kipping in the back. Has anyone had any experience of this in the past?? Or even if its allowed??

Edited by sloaney007

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but vans do have to be fitted out with a bed and/or have cooking or washing facilities to be allowed into the camper van field.they don't check every van on entrance but do check quite a few.

if it's not a camper van / caravan then unfortunately you would have to park in one of the normal car parks where they don't allow you to sleep in your vehicle.

if you look on TOS at info and campervan tickets terms and conditions the exact criteria are listed.