Camping in a tent in campervan fields.

Guest ChrisTGA

My friends are staying in their camper this year and I'm the only one staying in a tent, they seem to think I can pitch next to/behind their camper but I'm seeking further assurance. I've looked into it and can't find a definitive answer. Anybody done this before

Yep, done it twice. As long as you pitch next to them by their side, and it's not a marquee, all will be fine. There needs to be gap around each van, so pitch by the side, not behind.

Subjective, this one, you'll wake early in the heat and light compared to your mates (as my cuz did when I booted him out of my van for snoring), so you'll just have to wake em up to cook breakfast for you, grab a shower and party on, heh heh.

From the GFL website (campervan FAQs). In practice, tents are usually next to the vans, rather than behind, as it blocks the vehicle/fire lanes:

Can I pitch a tent beside my caravan/campervan?

The Fire Officer will not allow ticket-holders to camp beside campervans or cars due to the risk of contiguous fire, but it is permitted to camp behind them.