Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Auchan supermarket has been there for all years I've been going. Of course I can't guarantee it will still be there during the 2012 edition, but it seems unlikely to me that it will disappear suddenly. And if it for some reason won't be there anymore, there are still many other huge supermarkets in Budapest. They'll be a bit further away, but still it's easy to get there with a citypass.

I don't know the exact prices of camping gear in the supermarket, I haven't bought anything there as I never went to Sziget by plane. But I was told it's quite cheap and sometimes even cheaper than taking tent with you on the plane.

Edited by Cristall

And where one airline goes down, others try to take their place. Ryanair will start flying to Budapest from Birmingham, Bristol, London-Stansted and Manchester, while Jet2 announced new flights from Leeds/Bradford. Already existing flights are from Edinburgh (Jet2), London-Gatwick (EasyJet), London-Heathrow (British Airways), London-Luton (Wizz Air) and Manchester (Jet2).

Early birds never sell out, they are only limited in time. Okay, well, in number of tickets too, but then the festival has to sell out completely and that has never happened before.

You can still buy early bird tickets on the official local website szigetfest.co.uk until April 30. From 1 May prices go up.

Hey all! Just a quick question, my friends and I are flying out to Budapest on 4th August and home on the 14th, and are looking for an appartment or hostel to stay in on the days which the campsite aren't open (4th 5th and 13th August). Can anyone recommend anywhere that is relatively cheap yet relatively livable for them few days before/after the festival? Thanks in advance!

So it's all arranged, up for Sziget number 5 this year with Guitarbaz et al. And not taking toddler this year who has been twice himself. Will miss him like hell but looking forward to some me time!!

Looking forward to announcement tomorrow. Wish list would include Daft Punk as the main dance headliner, with Pendulum warming them up. Then Queens of the Stone Age, Foos, Muse, Biffy.

Eek!! So excited!!

Hey all! Just a quick question, my friends and I are flying out to Budapest on 4th August and home on the 14th, and are looking for an appartment or hostel to stay in on the days which the campsite aren't open (4th 5th and 13th August). Can anyone recommend anywhere that is relatively cheap yet relatively livable for them few days before/after the festival? Thanks in advance!