Campervan Field

Guest Alf Tupper

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked before but im pushed for time today and can't find the info anywhere after looking for the past 20 mins.

Usually im a tent dweller down by the Pyramid, however this year ive been invited by friends to camp with them next to the campervan they have hired.

What I have discovered so far is the 'hill of death', the fact that you have to pass security each visit onto site as the campervan field is not within the perimeter fence.

The thing is as i am coming by coach and arriving the opposite side of the site from friends wht i want to know is will i need some kind of pass to get into the campervan field.

As friends will be taking all my gear for me i need to know this before getting packed and handing it over as i could arrive on site with security telling me i can't get into the field without a pass, leaving me homeless!!

Edited by Alf Tupper

A couple of years ago I arrived by train then got shuttle bus to gate A. I camped in tent next to mate's camper van.

Once through Gate A you get your wrist band as does everyone else. Once in walk across to gate C (it is a long way), go through exit barrier where you will be given pass out. You do not need to prove you are staying in camper van. Proceed up the so called 'hill of death' and meet with your friends.

There are no passes to get into the camper van fields just a pass to get into the festival from the campervan fields which you get given at gate C

Ok I've confused myself now but it makes sense (i think)