Are there sniffer dogs anywhere?

Guest Teal

Guys, might not be a good idea to explicitly state exactly where ye hide your goodies. Police read this site (and have posted in this thread) - who knows if security do too. And on an entirely selfish note I want my hiding places to remain secret! :P

Bit off topic but does anyone remember a guy on here ages ago saying one of his mates hid his stash in a Marmite jar, which then got confiscated and thrown away as it was glass? That is so unlucky. :lol:

Guys, might not be a good idea to explicitly state exactly where ye hide your goodies. Police read this site (and have posted in this thread) - who knows if security do too. And on an entirely selfish note I want my hiding places to remain secret! :P

Bit off topic but does anyone remember a guy on here ages ago saying one of his mates hid his stash in a Marmite jar, which then got confiscated and thrown away as it was glass? That is so unlucky. :lol:

I usually take a multipack of crisps, one year I carefully opened up the big bag, pulled out one pack, carefully opened this one, put my stash in that, superglued it back up, then superglued the big pack up again, and put it in with all the other food.

While this is a great method its kind of annoying when you get on site and can't remember which pack you actually put it in....'err I think it was either smokey bacon or beef and onion??!?'. Another method I was quite proud of was to hide it in a (plastic) bottle of ketchup I was taking for the BBQ the first night. Removal was a bit messy though, ended up having to cut the whole thing open.

I think this level of hiding will get you past a bag search at the gates (they're mainly looking for glass right?) but if you get sniffed by a dog there is no amount of hiding that will work.

This year I have a new idea, that I'm quite proud of, its the best part of packing, the hiding is!

My missus got searched a couple of years ago, shes not a big indulger at all but had been gifted a small amount of weed. She got searched and whilst she wasn't caught, it freaked her out a fair bit. They took her backpack to bits and emptied everything (except the sleeping bag thank gawd!!).

Funniest (if stupidest) display of blase-ness was by my pal who bought a Ginsters Pasty at a service station, opened it, bit the top off, forced his stash into the bottom of the pasty and just walked through the entrance of nibbling at it.

I couldn't be arsed with the hassle these days, getting too old for that, wouldn't want to risk not getting in as well!!

Funniest (if stupidest) display of blase-ness was by my pal who bought a Ginsters Pasty at a service station, opened it, bit the top off, forced his stash into the bottom of the pasty and just walked through the entrance of nibbling at it.