Wickham 2011

Guest Mad Manx

we come down in my converted coach but we have camped before with the excellent toilets and poshwash showers its been excellent i even use the poshwash showers now they are better than the one i have in my coach.

the only down side is the stubble!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Marooned. I'm sure Michael Eavis has a big heart though I'd happily give him mine in return for his Festival budget which is much bigger than mine (though he can keep his mud).

Overheard in the Wickham Tea Rooms on Sunday afternoon. Two women of advanced age talking about the Festival saying they're "so looking forward to having those nice hippyish people back in the village"... "they're so polite and they smile at everybody".

Must have been you they were talking about Marooned. Or could it have been Mr. Blue or Mad Manx?

Mad Manx will be pleased to know the Forum on the Wickham website is now working o.k. and new comments are being regularly updated.

The 'Who's On When' page has also been updated so you can see the times as well as the days when main stage artists are appearing.

Wickham Festival

Edited by Mad Manx

• 2 weeks later...

Just to make you all jealous I've been getting a fantastic suntan on the Wickham site today. Absolutely gorgeous (the site, not me) in something of a heatwave with more sun forecast for the rest of this week. Big Top already up. Bar Marquee also up. The Bar Manager has shed his ties with the big corporate brewers and is getting-in a great range of local real ales this year... and we'll need them if the weather stays this good. Will try to post some photos of the site in the next day or so. B)

Just got back from another brilliant Wickham. Line up was great (if a little Scot heavy), weather stayed good and the villagers were more welcoming than ever. Great idea to use the community centre for breakfasts and late night, though first night timing could have been better. The first band had more time than Otway's band.

Next year could we have urinals in the main field to cut down the loo queues? I was having to think 20 minutes ahead to time pee breaks!

A Scot here ?!?!......only went for the Saturday, but what a line-up !!

Peatbog Faeries seem to have played at every Festival I've been to - Scot heavy - they were awesome.

Teddy Thomson had me in tears, and the women round me wettin' themselves for different reasons - what a talent, surely destined for stardom.

Bellowhead proved rather dissapointing - English heavy, they were totally 'flat' compared to their appearance at Larmer Tree a few weeks ago. Don't know why, but it's only opinions anyhow.

More power to your elbow Peter, the site, line-up, stallholders, organisation etc. etc. are a credit to you - getting huckled out of Stokes Bay was a masterstroke !!!!

I have to agree Marooned. Peatbog Faeries were great, and they blew away Bellowhead, who seemed to be going through the motions. I've seen Bellowhead four times this year (same set list each time) and this was definitely the least impressive.

Other highlights: Otway alone and with band, Richard Thompson (looked like he was enjoying himself),Spooky Men's Chorale, Outcast band in the village hall, Tim Edey and Brendan Power. ms blue enjoyed Rolf too.

Food range was good and not too expensive and the Big Top came into it's own during the rain shower on saturday.

The stewards and security seemed really relaxed, maybe because the crowd was so laid back.

The bar had a good selection of real ales and the staff were efficient and smiley.

We'll certainly be back next year, knowing that Peter will have a line-up to look forward to, and the friendliest festival anywhere.

Good to see the positive comments on what was probably the best Wickham Festival yet.

Nice to also see artists using Twitter and social media to say how much they enjoyed appearing at Wickham and how great the audience was.

Particularly pleasing to report that there was not a single theft, crime or incident of any kind at Wickham this year.

How many other festivals can say they are completely crime-free?