Wickham 2011

Guest Mad Manx

In view of the main forum needing and not getting administration.

I am starting this thread in the hope that we can keep some of the camaraderie that was growing on Wickham's forum and at the festival its self

all the very best

Mad Manx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit quiet in here!

I'm really looking forward to Wickham again this year, it was great last time after the move from Stokes Bay, a much better atmosphere and we really felt welcomed by the villagers.

Line up looks good too.

Yes it was much better last year a lot more relaxed and all the villagers we met seemed really pleased to have the festival back.

I even got phone numbers for the backer and butcher so that i can pre-order stuff for this year.

I am really looking forward to this year and with their being a late night venue again this year it promises to-be even better

wickhamfestival

Jools Holland; Rolf Harris; Richard Thompson; Bellowhead; Kate Rusby; Eddi Reader; The Peatbog Faeries; Kathryn Tickell; Roy Bailey & Tony Benn; Toyah; The Treacherous Orchestra; Skerryvore; The Chair; Saltfishforty; The Men They Couldn't Hang; Jackie Leven; Mary Coughlan; The John Otway Big Band and loads more.

Plus The Groovy Movie solar-powered cinema tent; The Digital Funfair; Street Theatre; Storytelling; Real Ale Bars; Late Night Festival Club etc. etc. etc.

Hi Guys,

Yep I am also looking forward to my second Wickham Festival, accompanied by the missus, the little five year old, mum and dad in law and four others. We all went last year, unfortunately one of our tents had a break in while we were asleep and wallets stolen, the cheeky bugger actually woke up one of my mates and jumped out the tent and went 'alright mate' after fleeing.

But with ten Glastos under my belt it takes an awful lot to discourage us festi nuts....

Really enjoyed last year, especially Kid Creole and Hazel O'Connor ... fantastic and a superb line up this year. Hey Medina, pity Prince turned you down in favour of Hop Farm this year ;o)...his loss tho.

Medina, could you PM me about the T-Shirts, we spoke about these last year.

Cheers

SW B)

Just about every festival suffered from tent thefts last summer and Wickham was sadly no different. The Festival has been almost completely crime-free in the past apart from a morris dancer having his bells stolen. Steps have been taken to improve campsite security this year.

Glad you enjoyed everything else and hope you will again.

I'll PM later this evening as requested.

Medina ive repetedly tried to email you and pm you please could you reply to them aswell even if its just to say no thankyou and that you will deal with the problem yourself.

all the very best and looking forward to another excellent and saf festival/

Madmanx

Wychwood was lovely as always.

Wickham now less than two months away. Site looked glorious in the sunshine today.

Teddy Thompson and The Webb Sisters just added to the line-up which already features the likes of Rolf Harris; Jools Holland with Sandie Shaw; Richard Thompson; Eddi Reader; Toyah; Bellowhead; Kate Rusby; John Otway; The Peatbog Faeries; Skerryvore; Kathryn Tickell; The Men They Couldn't Hang; Roy Bailey & Tony Benn and loads more.

Wickham Festival

Having experienced the positive and negative warm welcome that can be had in Gosport having visited it during both Stokes bay music Festivals ! I wish this venture great success but Knowing what a concerted campaign their was against the Stokes bay music festival I can not help thinking what a bunch of hypocrites! :P

Thankfully Wickham has welcome us back with open arms :D I can not wait to meet up with what are now old friends and make some new ones as well :D

Edited by Mad Manx

Which evening are you comming too ?

It is really easey to find just follow the signs.

lots of Parking in nearby Field's

Food is always excellent and reasonably Priced.

No alcohol on sight security will check and confiscate any contraband.

The bar is realy good, friendly, quick service and its reasonably priced I think it was about £2.40 for a pint of Stoford Press.

Wellis depend on the weather but the last 5 years we have been really lucky with it and had a clear dry festival.

hope this helps

Am off to Wickham for the day - my first festival experience. Hopes it will be a good one and maybe next time I'll do the whole camping thing (although not sure my back will take it)

Food and alcohol info is very helpful. Thank god they haven't banned chairs like some as I am getting a bit stiff these days (& not in a good way)

Hoping for good weather but our wellies will be in the back of the car just in case

with the big tent the weather should not be a problem.

The chair issue is always a hot topic especialy at Cambridge festival but most people at Wickham show a bit of commonsense and consideration for other people who want to stand.I have a prolapsed disk in my back! So cant stand for long periods and my friend has a dissability. At cambridge, we use the dissabeld consession viewing platform but at wickham we have never felt the need to use it, as the tent is on a slope.When we are seated at the back we are still tall enough to look over most of the crowd

with the big tent the weather should not be a problem.

The chair issue is always a hot topic especialy at Cambridge festival but most people at Wickham show a bit of commonsense and consideration for other people who want to stand.I have a prolapsed disk in my back! So cant stand for long periods and my friend has a dissability. At cambridge, we use the dissabeld consession viewing platform but at wickham we have never felt the need to use it, as the tent is on a slope.When we are seated at the back we are still tall enough to look over most of the crowd

we come down in my converted coach but we have camped before with the excellent toilets and poshwash showers its been excellent i even use the poshwash showers now they are better than the one i have in my coach.

the only down side is the stubble!