First time...

Guest Jackmypie

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Sonisphere 2 years ago and found it hugely disappointing. Mainly because the main two stages face each other. There's only one of those stages active at a time, so I felt like a ping pong all day going back and forth between stages. If you don't like what's playing at the time, there's little else to do.

I went to Sonisphere 2 years ago and found it hugely disappointing. Mainly because the main two stages face each other. There's only one of those stages active at a time, so I felt like a ping pong all day going back and forth between stages. If you don't like what's playing at the time, there's little else to do.

Since May last year I've had a very bad ankle. I can barely walk some times and yet I didn't find going back and forth between Saturn and Apollo difficult.. It takes virtually no time. In fact I would say Soni is better than Reading and Download for getting to the stages you want quickly.

The atmosphere at Sonisphere is top notch. Loads of my mates and I think it has a much better atmosphere than Download or Reading. In fact two of my best mates who hardly like any of the bands on the Soni lineups keep coming back and class it as one of their fave fests.

Personally I think the fest had a great lineup in 09 and 2010. It's also shaping up quite nicely this year with quite a variety of different rock acts.

Only thing is I can't compare it to Glasto as this year will be my first.

having done Reading, Glasto, V, Phoenix (back in the day) and now Sonisphere for the past 2 years running, i'd say that Sonisphere has the best atmosphere and also appears to be the best run festival for me.

Been with people who've also done other festivals and they also said Soni was there favourate.

I've never done Download mind, so i can't compare to that. Oh yeah, if you do happen to buy a ticket, please quote FMC code 1k933376 upon purchase - you'll be doing me a huge favour :D

I went to both Sonisphere and Download last year for the first times and must say that Sonisphere wins hands down for atmosphere, flip-flop stages, size, distance from campsite to arena and much much more. That's one of the best things about it, the fact that the bands don't clash. Beer and food prices are the same at all festivals. There was a good choice of stalls and shops and plenty to do and see. There was a little bit of trouble at the end of the last night but we were in Family Camping so didn't get involved.

Edited by bambi1980

• 2 months later...

I went to both Sonisphere and Download last year for the first times and must say that Sonisphere wins hands down for atmosphere, flip-flop stages, size, distance from campsite to arena and much much more. That's one of the best things about it, the fact that the bands don't clash. Beer and food prices are the same at all festivals. There was a good choice of stalls and shops and plenty to do and see. There was a little bit of trouble at the end of the last night but we were in Family Camping so didn't get involved.