Wickerman Festival

Guest Muddyfields

After 10 years of going (and enjoying) T in the Park, we have decided this year to go to the Wickerman Festival. Mainly on cost grounds, given the spiralling T ticket prices/booking fees that would fund a cheap foreign holiday and also just to go to a different festival for a change.

I just wondered from anyone that has gone to the Wickerman before, do you find it a better atmosphere than the larger festivals and will it be too much of a culture shock for those that are used to the likes of T in the Park?

Having looked at the photos on the Wickerman site it certainly looks like folk are enjoying themselves anyway.

i've only been to wickerman once but i loved it and thought it was much better than T.

the atmosphere was really chilled out, with plenty of stuff happening in the arena which is big, but not crammed with people. so you can just walk around seeing different things, doing whatever you feel like without having to fight through massive crowds.

plenty of different stages and they have dance tents open late, til about 5am i think.

there's plenty of space in the campsite and i didn't see any bother.

although there's not a lot of big name acts, i think wickerman is such a good festival that it's definitely worth the ticket price.

• 4 weeks later...