fuji rocks 2011

Guest paul3838

I'm thinking about going out for fuji rocks this year, maybe going out a bit early an having some time in tokyo before/after.

I was just wondering if anyone had gone there from uk before and the best way to get tickets and also the cheapest way of doing the whole thing?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Paul

Me and a couple of mates went there last year.... the setting of the festival is pretty breathtaking.

It's great, you won't regret it if you do go, I'd love to go back one year. It's a 3 day festival but on the Thursday they have stuff going on and a huge firework display. After the bands there are DJs until the early hours each night.

The Food was great and drinks at the festival are only a little more expensive compared to English festivals (If you like drinking cocktails , they were pretty cheap in comparison) but going out in Tokyo before hand is Very expensive!!! £8 a pint we paid in some of the bars.

The festival tickets cost around £340 if I remember rightly, I got them via the link on the official website. GanBan I think the shop is called. You email them a request for how many tickets you need they then email you back about a week later with paypal instructions and then you eventually get a confirmation letter. It's not as straightforward as buying here although they may change it for next year.

Be warned it rains a lot!! Probably rains more than Glastonbury but thankfully has better drainage. last year it rained constantly for the first 24 hours so take plenty of waterproofs, you can buy these at the shop near the entrance to the festival but they started to run out of stuff. It was hot and sunny in-between the showers though.

Before the festival we bought a 7 day rail pass from trailfinders so that was pretty handy, we headed to Tokyo, Osaka, Nara and Kyoto, the transport system is really easy to get around, there's a free bus from the festival to the train station which is about 20minutes away ..... The Hostels out in Japan are very reasonable and some of them are as good as 3 star hotels, really recommend them.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about going as well, the lineup looks pretty good, and was hoping to go to Japan this summer anyway...I saw a tour package reccomended on another website http://www.insidejapantours.com/self-guided-japan-holidays/i-fjr09/fuji-rock-festival-2011/ , £835 does seem a bit expensive but it does include alot...

Have also just seen an interview with Feeder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBSvpfeowvM&feature=player_embedded) who mention theyre doing Fuji as well, although theyre not on the official lineup released so far. Anyone have any news on this, or when a proepr timetable is released?