EXIT 2011

Guest hostmat

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Just a question for the regulars. What is the average age of punters there, I would imagine quite young but basically would a middle aged person fit in?

Thinking of going with my mum who's early forties, she loves Glasto but I wouldn't say that she's a hardcore festival goer in the slightest (she likes the friendly, relaxed atmostphere probably more than the music).

I was thinking that we could go for the evening stuff rather than carying on till mid morning and spend the day hanging out by the river, looking round Novi Sad etc. because I think that would be more her cup of tea.

I realise that I'm making her out to be some kind of frail old lady, she's not, she's very adventurous, loves travelling and I think she'd enjoy talking to people there (although if they're all 18 that might be a little more difficult). Music wise dance/electronica isn't her thing but she likes Arcade Fire and Portishead (but I think she's be happier if Robbie was playing) so that should be fine, if there are lots of folky bands on during the day she'd probably enjoy that - I suppose we'll wait and have a look at the acts announced on Friday and have another think then.

Thanks

You've got a lot to look forward to mate.

If you look up "exit apartments" in facebook you'll find plenty of cheap apartments. I know the fella running it and he's a top guy

Me and my mates will probably stay in one of his gaffs and theyre affordable and the guy is trustworthy. We are considering camping for once but that heat man, can't take it.

It's always good to have a camping ticket as its always lively and on the eve of the festival and the day before its absolutely bouncing.

As for hostels I'm pretty sure you'll find any of them will be lively that week.

I'm going for the 3rd time this year!

Let me know if you want any tips/advice

Ive got a few questions about exit as i need some help please. Ive been to loads of festivals but only 1 international (Beni for last 2 years). Want to try something new this year, although the Beni line-up looks strong already.

I think its either between Exit and Super bock... the latter seems to have less info on than anything!

1) How much does exit cost. Pint price/Travel around serbia etc? (Spent over a £1000 at Beni for 10 days and cant afford to do that again)

2) How long can u camp at the festival ( or would you recommend getting an apartment?

3) How hot can it get?

4) Arena Time openings and amount of stages??

Any help is much appreciated, cheers

Ive got a few questions about exit as i need some help please. Ive been to loads of festivals but only 1 international (Beni for last 2 years). Want to try something new this year, although the Beni line-up looks strong already.

I think its either between Exit and Super bock... the latter seems to have less info on than anything!

1) How much does exit cost. Pint price/Travel around serbia etc? (Spent over a £1000 at Beni for 10 days and cant afford to do that again)

2) How long can u camp at the festival ( or would you recommend getting an apartment?

3) How hot can it get?

4) Arena Time openings and amount of stages??

Any help is much appreciated, cheers

Hey! Ive been to Rock Werchter in 2008 and Roskilde Festival in 2009 and 2010, and this year im going to Exit festival, but i have a couple of question im hoping you can answer for me.

- Are you allowed to bring your own beer and booze into the camp site ?

- How hot is it usually going to be, because it seems like a lot of people will rather stay in an appartment then on the camp site, and in my head, staying at the camp site is 50% of the festival! The last 2 years at Roskilde Festival it have been up to 33 degrees, and yes its hot, but after 2 days you get used to it.

- What kind of beer, alcohol and food can you buy in the festival site, and how much does it cost ?

- What does beer, alcohol, cigarettes etc. cost in a store in Novi Sad ?

- Like i said before ive been to Rock Werchter in Belgium and Roskilde Festival in Denmark, and there it is easy to buy and smoke marijuana, even the police dont mind, how is it at Exit festival ? Is it okay to smoke marijuana, or do i have to find a drug dealer in a dark alley where i can buy and smoke it ?

- Is it true that you can only enter the festival site one time every day ? Seems a little strange to me tbh :S

- How much money do you usualy spent per day at Exit, that includes getting drunk every day, 3 -4 meals, shower and so on

- How many guests visits Exit Festival, and is it like 50/50 of foreigners/serbs ?

- How many guests usually camp at the campsite ?

- Can you use Euros or Dollars at the festival ? or do you have to get dinars ?

:)

Edited by muggenmulig

Hey! Ive been to Rock Werchter in 2008 and Roskilde Festival in 2009 and 2010, and this year im going to Exit festival, but i have a couple of question im hoping you can answer for me.

- Are you allowed to bring your own beer and booze into the camp site ?

Kokota tahnk you very much for the tips:)

Think we will camp there, doesnt sounds like its hotter then Roskilde festival have been the last couple of years, and about the mahujiana thing, i just love smooking a joint when im at a festival, so hopefully i can find one ;)

Seems like Serbia is VERY cheap, compared to the danish festivals :D

I am really looking forward to Exit, and to see Serbia:)

Edited by muggenmulig

Kokota tahnk you very much for the tips:)

Think we will camp there, doesnt sounds like its hotter then Roskilde festival have been the last couple of years, and about the mahujiana thing, i just love smooking a joint when im at a festival, so hopefully i can find one ;)

Seems like Serbia is VERY cheap, compared to the danish festivals :D

I am really looking forward to Exit, and to see Serbia:)

I don't think that scoring marijuana should be a problem at all, especially if camping.

And I guess anything is cheap compared to Scandinavia. :) But yeah, it's a lot cheaper than most of countries in Europe where bigger festivals are held.

Hope you'll enjoy the festival, and make sure to try "rakija". :)

@Kokota,

Secret bars in the fortress? that sounds brill.

i like Tuborg beer so that's good too. might stay away from any super high alcohol schnapps :blink: , i have no doubt that the mixture of heat, music and vast amounts of beer will see me right enough! :D

I'm heading over from the UK with nine friends and cant wait! Been to a few overseas Festivals so the heat shouldn't be an issue......that said, we are staying at the hostel One Perfect Place cos I cant be doing with camping in 35 degree's again like Beni 2007!! I did have loads of questions but they have all been answered by all you kind folks! My main concern was getting my hands on some weed but fingers crossed it wont be a problem!x