The time has come

Guest Funkyfairy!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needless to say when I discovered how quick and easy it was to flavour vodka with sweets this is what I have been doing for the festivals. I still make this fresh fruit vodka every year, I love to forage for the berries, and I have now vintage vodka from 2006 in the cupboard, its great to use in baking!!

Hope this helps, if you try it let me know how you get on!!

Love threads like this. Thanks for the recipe, I'll be using this late in the year as the UK fruit season starts kicking in.

I currently live in London and am a little wary of using roadside/urban berries, I'm sure they'd be fine after suitable washing but I still get a little weird over them. Before moving here I lived in Surrey (Godalming) and had access to lots of lovely fields an hedgerows. Ooodles and oodles of fresh brambles, sloes, elderberries, gooseberries etc. yum yum yum

I'll be taking skittles vodka (actually making some of this at the moment for a friends birthday party) and Werther's Original as both are lush! My housemate wants to make pickles onion monster munch vodka, though I'm not too keen on that idea myself!

Bought the materials for my Skittles vodka today, Sainsbury's are having some good deals on voddy at the moment, I got a litre of Smirnoff for £10! Got x4 55g bags of Skittles to go in it, is that enough or will I need more?

Glacier mint vodka is definitely worth giving a go, I usually do a litre for Glastonbury.

1 bag of mints in a separate bottle (to take displacement into consideration) in a sink of hot water, change water every few hours and shake it up to separate mints, do it over night and should have done nicely

nothing to strain and lovely fresh taste, warms the stomach.

Only problem is what mixer to have with it - think I'll try lemonade with it this year

Bought the materials for my Skittles vodka today, Sainsbury's are having some good deals on voddy at the moment, I got a litre of Smirnoff for £10! Got x4 55g bags of Skittles to go in it, is that enough or will I need more?

Currently have small samples on the brew of:

chocolate

foxes glacier mints

chocolate & mint

opal fruits (yes I am that old to remember what Starbursts proper name is!)

Swizzles double lollies

Opal fruits & the swizzles lollies look & smell the best so far. Have discovered a problem with the Foxes glacier mint vodka though......it smells of mouthwash.......the smell of which makes me feel physically sick....ooops! Might have to think of a different flavour to try! :P

You cant beat rasberry vodka.

I made some last week. Need a punnet of rasberries, few spoons of suger dissolved in a bit of hot water and a bottle of cheap vodka.

I found it more palatable than the rough strawberry laces one i did last year.

And you get one of your five a day if you drink the whole bottle.

Well, did the voddy yesterday afternoon, it worked out quite well in the end. Not as sweet as I thought it'd be, it still tastes almost neat, but I only got 70cl out of it in the end (thought i'd bought a litre, turns out i'd bought 70cl...d'oh!), so i'm going to mix it with some lemonade before we set off on the Thursday and hopefully it'll be nicer then.

skittles vodka sounds good. how do you make it? im guessing just pour a bag of skittles into a vodka mixer.. vod lemonade? or is there more to it than that?

Aight, it has only just occurred to me that this might be a good idea. So...my only question is, really, to drink them straight, or with a mixer?

I'm thinking maybe the cola cubes / cherry drops / glacier mint ones.