Trains and Shuttle Busses to and from Castle Cary

Guest farewellandgoodnight

Could any of you good people please help me with a few questions regarding public transport to the site?

Have just booked a train from Hull to Temple Meads to arrive for 12.40 on the Wednesday which I assume will be fairly fairly stress free at least in the early stages of the journey.

Was just wondering how long it's likely to take me to get from Temple Meads to Castle Cary and then on to the Festival. How bad are the queues for the trains to Castle Cary and for the Shuttle Busses to the site?

I only got tickets in the resale on Sunday so am hoping to get there as early as possible to get camped near my friends. The timetable says i'll be in Castle Cary for about 2 but I can imagine that being optimistic at best with all the festival crowds to deal with.

Anybody with experience of getting to site this way your help would be greatly appreciated.

It should be a pretty smooth ride - trains on time, 20 minute queue at Castle Cary, shuttle right to the festival gate.

However things can go wrong. Last year's traffic problems had a domino effect:

Shuttle buses held up in traffic -> buildup of crowds at Castle Cary -> trains deliberately slowed down and delayed to avoid worsening the situation

Best bet is not to allow last year's problems put you off, because (fingers crossed) they won't happen again. But don't make plans that absolutely rely on you being there at a given time.

If your friends are going to be there before you, ask them to reserve you some space. One option is to give them the outer skin of your tent (lighter and easier to carry than the whole thing) and ask them to put it up for you.

Awesome, cheers fella! I've just had an offer from them to take all my stuff in the Van and pitch my tent for me which will make things soooo much easier for me.

I'm actually really looking forward to travelling this way for once. Certainly beats six hours in a cramped car with no drinks and no toilet. Going to be quite a stress free journey I imagine.

On a similar note. Me and my mates are driving down from Scotland on the Tuesday and have booked digs in Bristol for the night, and also for the Monday afterwards. The plan was to then drive the rest of the way on the Wednesday morning. I've seen that there will be shuttle buses running from Bristol Temple Meads train station. Has anyone ever used these, and could it be a better idea than driving from Bristol?