HELP!

Guest bardebraga

Hi! I'm from barcelona and i bought my tickets for reading2010. It's my first time there and I want it to be awesome. I wanted someone who has already been there to have a chat (via email or whatever) for tips, things to take care with, advise, rules :P ...you know, that kind of stuff!

thank you very much!

As a tip, here's what I take normally:

1 Tent

1 Chair

2 Sleeping bag (One I take in and the other I leave in the car as a spare)

1 Big bag (army style burgund)

2 t-shirt', boxers and pair's of socks per day there (each packed inside a plastic bag)

2 pairs of shorts

1 pair of jeans

1 hoody

1 waterproof jacket

1 warm hat

1 baseball/trucker cap

2 pairs of trainers (one I leave in the car as a spare)

2 pairs of glasses (one spare in the car)

1 toilet roll per day (just in case)

2 packs of cigarettes per day

1 crate of beer per day

2 wallets (one spare with cash and cards in also)

2 mobile phones (one spare)

1 washbag including the below:

1 battery powered phone charger

5 lighters

1 sun tan lotion

1 toothbrush

1 tooth paste

1 deodorant

1 pack of baby wipes

1 antibacterial hand wash

Wow, I actually take alot now looking at it. I think that's the lot

I treat Reading as my yearly holiday (take a week off before too as its my birthday), so I cater for myself like a holiday, so I buy all my food from stalls. Alot of people I know bring a small little gas canister (which they normally sneak in) to cook on. Normally someone in our camp has a guitar, and music we don't bother with, as its all around you...and music always draws crowds of people (as we know because we tend to be part of the crowd)

While there we normally buy fire wood and kindling, but we really should just buy loads from a garden centre en route, but we always forget.

Oh one other thing, its always more comfortable to buy your tent one man too big, i.e. 1 person in a 2 person tent, 2 people in a 3 person tent, 3 people in a 4 person tent etc. Alot of people may disagree, but 2 6ft tall blokes in a 2 person tent with 2 big bags, a few crates of beer and a couple chairs is NOT fun.

Oh, last thing...a little mat to lye on...they offer minimal padding, but stop a fair amount of cold coming up from the ground.