The Good & The Bad About Download

Guest Go_Go_Tonymon

Another bad thing- those f**king pot noodle/music ads(enter shakari i remember the most) on the main stage screeens!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best things at Download is that Chai stall near the entrance that lends out bongos. I've often been there for a cup of tea or whatever from there, and just sat around to hear the improvised beats come out. Its an excellent atmosphere, and I think I might join in the action this year!

Yup, by £1. :P

Large pizza, either Hawiian, Pepperoni or plain, £15. Bargain! 4 slices for dinner, 4 cold for breakfast = 2 meals for £15, not bad for a festival. Plus it's proper pizza too, not that cardboard topping-less tesco value styleee pizza that a lot of the stalls serve up.

I want pizza now. :P

I find my experience with festival food generally favourable. I've had rubbish from time to time - I've yet to find any quality chips - but then again, last year I had an immense Angus burger, better than anything any McDonald's or Burger King can offer up in terms of taste and quality.

There's also a Mexican stall that's usually in the arena that serves up some nice stuff, it was above the second stage last year. Although such stalls are usually few and far between.

I wouldn't mind a half-decent fish 'n' chips stall, to be honest. Can't see how it wouldn't be possible, and if done right, I'd be there like a shot!

Good thread. Could someone who has been to both Reading and Download recently please answer this for me? How do the following compare between the two festivals:

-Food and drink prices (pretty similar I assume)

-Twats burning stuff on last night of festival

-Long walk from car park to campsite

-General twattishness of crowd, i.e. with Reading being full of 15/16 year olds spending their first weekend away from home, drinking their first ever 4-pack of beers, etc.

Me and my friends are looking for a Reading alternative, and Download looks like the best option at the moment. Many thanks.

Wot a load of balls you cant really go around making statements like that. I was 16 at Reading and it was my 5th fest of the year at the time + Alcohol isnt for me I prefer the reefer. This is why I dont go on the Reading forum they just assume its us goin abou pissed out of r heads causin the trouble on the sunday, what a blinkered way of thinking. On the sunday night I spent my time soakinng up a truly incredible Radiohead performance :P

Wot a load of balls you cant really go around making statements like that. I was 16 at Reading and it was my 5th fest of the year at the time + Alcohol isnt for me I prefer the reefer. This is why I dont go on the Reading forum they just assume its us goin abou pissed out of r heads causin the trouble on the sunday, what a blinkered way of thinking. On the sunday night I spent my time soakinng up a truly incredible Radiohead performance :P

I got told the other day that apparently Dominos won't be there this year. :P

However there will be a pizza chain... but it's none of the ones you would think! The person who told me is very confused by this chain's participation himself because it doesn't seem "right" :P

If I'd heard it anywhere else I'd have dismissed it as bullshit... anyone want to guess?

Edited by Lithium05

I got told the other day that apparently Dominos won't be there this year. :P

However there will be a pizza chain... but it's none of the ones you would think! The person who told me is very confused by this chain's participation himself because it doesn't seem "right" :P

If I'd heard it anywhere else I'd have dismissed it as bullshit... anyone want to guess?

Pizza Express would be the best thing in the whole entire world.

EDIT: Will reserve judgement there actually, the fresh stuff in restaurants is great and could be pulled off a festival, hope they don't go down the route they have with their supermarket pizzas though >_>.

Edited by jammy2211

I find my experience with festival food generally favourable. I've had rubbish from time to time - I've yet to find any quality chips - but then again, last year I had an immense Angus burger, better than anything any McDonald's or Burger King can offer up in terms of taste and quality.

There's also a Mexican stall that's usually in the arena that serves up some nice stuff, it was above the second stage last year. Although such stalls are usually few and far between.

I wouldn't mind a half-decent fish 'n' chips stall, to be honest. Can't see how it wouldn't be possible, and if done right, I'd be there like a shot!

@ Squall Moogie - lol, I often mis-read stuff with ridiculous stuff like that. I find that particular mistake awesome!

If Glasto has a fish and chip stall then there must be some hope for one at Donington.

I could have sworn that the festival people had confirmed Dominoes would be at the festival this year. Hmm... oh well, never mind. Never did go there anyway. Queue for pizza - really long, queue for bar - not so long. Guess which one I picked!?! :P

@the_mars_volta: Are you sure, cos I couldn't find one at all. Probably too much time spent around that Mexican stall above the second stage!