Campervan field, anyone else in a VW?

Guest Cannock Albion

We'll be attempting to drive down from Leeds in this!!

LVC003.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is our bus 'Juan'. Come and say hello if you see us

DSC00609.jpg

Why???

If we're allowed in on the Tuesday it shouldn't be too hard to arrange a meet up somewhere along the way and all bimble dow together. Personally I love being in a convoy of VW's and it would be quality to have a little VW area in the CV fields. I know the Split Screen Van Club asked if a corner of the field could be set aside which was obviously rejected but who doesn't love seeing a nice collection of lovely buses??

We and the westy will be there. Orange and white seems very popular.

This will be my first Glastonbury and I have seen some posts about the campervan field getting crowded and I wanted to take an awning. I had it in my head that they worked out the number of vans/caravans/trailertents allowed by how much room is available, the site says you pay your 75 quid for a 6x7m space and If you have a monster truck or the like you need to pay for two spaces. My van and awning will fit easily in 6x7m. Do you get any grief from stewards about leaving enough room for your awning?

We and the westy will be there. Orange and white seems very popular.

This will be my first Glastonbury and I have seen some posts about the campervan field getting crowded and I wanted to take an awning. I had it in my head that they worked out the number of vans/caravans/trailertents allowed by how much room is available, the site says you pay your 75 quid for a 6x7m space and If you have a monster truck or the like you need to pay for two spaces. My van and awning will fit easily in 6x7m. Do you get any grief from stewards about leaving enough room for your awning?

Just a quick question, looking at the rules for campervans it says that you need to have built in sleeping facilities and either fitted cooking or washing faciliies or the van will be turned away. We only bought the van back in October and the people we bought it off kept it a little sparse so at the moment we only have a full width rock and roll bed in the back though we do have the original stove, it's not fitted, just loose. We're planning on getting a new camping interior this year but I'm worried that if we can't get it done on time we won't be allowed in. From what I understand the rules are in place to stop people just turning up in a transit with an air bed in the cargo area. Ours is clearly not a commercial van but does anyone know how strictly they enforce the rules? Obviously with a 7 months pregnant wife we don't want to have to be camping in a tent

Just a quick question, looking at the rules for campervans it says that you need to have built in sleeping facilities and either fitted cooking or washing faciliies or the van will be turned away. We only bought the van back in October and the people we bought it off kept it a little sparse so at the moment we only have a full width rock and roll bed in the back though we do have the original stove, it's not fitted, just loose. We're planning on getting a new camping interior this year but I'm worried that if we can't get it done on time we won't be allowed in. From what I understand the rules are in place to stop people just turning up in a transit with an air bed in the cargo area. Ours is clearly not a commercial van but does anyone know how strictly they enforce the rules? Obviously with a 7 months pregnant wife we don't want to have to be camping in a tent

I think you should try make it look fixed, too. Know some peeps who had problems last year because

they only had a bed in their van. When they searched us last year they were only interested in looking for glas bottles but then we had a camper not a homebrew so not sure if they are a bit picky when it comes to

home conversions.

Edited by Sabcully

Cheers, hopefully we'll have a new interior sorted by then but the wife can never make up her mind so its a real possibility we won't! I'm hoping that as the misses will have a big baby bump and because we're in a splitty we'll get away with it, it's not like were turning up in a home converted transit. My joinery skills are none existant, however some form of bodged up cabinet might be the best option.

Good to see so many VW's going.

To Octave Doctor and themanwiththestick, do you take your awnings with you? We have recently bought a Khyam motordome sleeper but was wondering how much space it will take up and whether it is frowned upon to take up so much space?

Edited by jameshunt