Sziget 2010

Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear that you're making a good recovery there!

We'll most likely be going again next year but not sure how long we'll be staying as we have to be back in the UK for a wedding on 20th August, and our Hungarian friends are coming over for it too. I have a feelign we might travel out a few days before the festival starts and then come home immediately after the finish.

How's that for forward planning?

• 4 weeks later...

jesus wept, bit quick on the draw with this thread arent we.

got tickets for Glastonbury next year and hoping to get to Sziget as well but Pukklepop is looking on the cards instead.

gonna try and do as many european festivals as possible in the coming years like!

only really Glastonbury tickles me fancy at home and possibly Leeds (only because it is just down the road) dont really fancy any others like.

well, at least you're guaranteed decent conversation on here, unlike the already numerous Beni threads, mostly of the "where's beni" ilk. Honestly, how these numpties survive in day to day life is beyond me. :blink:

agree with the home festies, there's nowt appeals to me (of the big festivals anyway), maybe Glasto at a push but even that's a bit "meh". I'd rather save me pennies and do a belter like Sziget again. And again. And again. unitil the aforemoentioned numpties manage to find hungary as well of course. Although i think we've got a while yet. :lol:

aye true like, why would you replt to a thread of a festival when you dont know owt about it. baffles me too!!

done Glasto this year like and it was amazing. so hence going next year to hopefuly have a just as amazing time.

Sziget this year is my 2nd best festival experience after Glasto this year!

thing is with half of the numpties i'd be sirprised if they could find their way to the airport, we're safe for now :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I have Some questions:

I'm English and trying to find a mailing list to tell me when Sziget tickets will be on sale and updates on the line-up etc. Does anyone know of one or can anyone tell me roughly when tickets went on sale last year?

Also, what is getting into the site like, do you need to get there early in the week or is Thursday okay?

I hear you cant bring drink into the festival but if I had a bottle of water/wine in the middle of my rucsack would they check it?

If anyone can help with these or wants to give an explanation of the whole festival I'd most appreciate it.

aye, get your tickets early if you can afford it, you'll save a few beer tokens.

if you've got the funds i'd also look at getting an apt in budapest, they're cheap as chips anyway, that way you can make more of a holiday of it. st stephen's day is worth hanging around for.

i don't see any great need to smuggle in loads of booze, like i've said and other's too - it's cheap enough in the festie bars anyway! :P

I had issues getting booze in every time... actually that's a lie as I managed to get a bottle of Disaronno in (whilst having my bag searched and nearly losing 2 bottles of coke). Despite the security guy removing the 2 bottles out my rucksack and lifting it up and down several times from the table he never saw / felt the bottle of Disaronno. Said to me "next time, 1 person, 1 bottle" or something similar and let me on my way.

My best advice, don't arrive too early and camp near a path. We camped just off the main drag for all the stalls and had people walking past the entire night, then had sound check from the main stage every morning to wake us nice and early. It did mean hot water in the showers however :P

Alcohol is really cheap in the festival site and spirits are served in 40ml measures :P A pint was what, £1.35 - £1.40 from memory. Can't go wrong at all!

From the Sziget Facebook group

Tickets available from March!

Ticket price 2010

Camping tickets:

In advance until 30th of April: 170€

From 1st of May and on the site: 200€

Non-camping tickets:

In advance until 30th of April: 140€

From 1st of May and on the site: 170€

Caravan camping ticket for vehicles:

In advance until 30th of April: 110€

From 1st of May and on the site: 130€

Day tickets:

In advance and on the site: 45€

Online ticket: http://www.szigetfestival.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I will be back to Sziget in 2010 for my 5th year there, it gets better each time I go. Keeping an eye on the flights at the moment.

Glad to hear you are doing well Random Man, I'm seeing my consultant tomorrow to talk about having the plates removed from my leg, nearly a year after the break I may have to have another operation! Will be best in the long run.

Cool okay - after someone posted a dodgy ticket link earlier - I thought you should be aware of some dodgy websites pretending to be official ones. Strange that the home site says no tickets on sale. You seem to be the only european country selling tickets.

Edited by 5co77ie

Question, it's been 12 years since I've been to Sziget and back then I stayed with a fling downtown...

Do the campings open the 8th (Day 0) or only on the first day, the 9th? Pretty much the same question for the last day.

Edit: nevermind, found the crucial info:

7th of August: No festival activities yet, but for 10 euros a day you can camp on a camping on a camping on the festivalsite. These additional campingtickets can be purchased at the entrance to Obudai Island.

9th of August: Party's all over the place.

10th of August: Day Zero

11th of August: Festival day 1

12th of August: Festival day 2

13th of August: Festival day 3

14th of August: Festival day 4

15th of August: Festival day 5

16th of August: Final day. Visitors are requested to leave the grounds at 08.00 a.m.

Edited by Capzilla

• 3 weeks later...