benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A picture say's a thousand words so why not checkout the gallery on www.fibfest.com plus we have a wicked nice forum deidcated to Benicassim, So if you were snapped by any of our photographers last year or any have any questions go check it outtttttttttttttttttttt :P

P.s. Look out for fibfest.com reps there this year and make sure they take a photo :P

Any tips for good accommodation? I've been looking around and I'm struggling to find anything under a grand. There's 4 of us going and looking at paying no more than 800 quid for a week between us. Have I left it too late?

Im part of the crubs mailing list and have received a message sayng what festivals they are playing in the summer, and as has been announced previously, thy are playing Beni. However, on the list it says they will be playing Beni on the 17th July, so thats one act confirmed for a actual date. Any other bands self confirmed there dates for the fest?

Im part of the crubs mailing list and have received a message sayng what festivals they are playing in the summer, and as has been announced previously, thy are playing Beni. However, on the list it says they will be playing Beni on the 17th July, so thats one act confirmed for a actual date. Any other bands self confirmed there dates for the fest?

Has anyone ever travelled from Reus to Castellon by train?

Trying to book tickets but the Renfe website is in Spanish. Even when I pick english as the language it changes back to Spanish once you move to another page??

I know Tarragona Train Station is close to Reus and thats where you can travel to Beni or Castellon but after that any advice would be appreciated??

am still thinking that it could be muse headlining they have a 4 day gap in the schedule they seem to play gigs every couple of days, the only band announced for the friday night is vampire weekend, put 2 and 2 together and you get nothing so beni management get your arses into gear and announce the bloody line up i need to get more excited

Confirmed actual dates so far:

Thursday 15th

Alondra Bentley

Courteeners

Dirty projectors

Kasabian

Phil Kieran

Southern Arts Society

Temper trap

Triangulo Amor Bizarro

Friday 16th

Delorentos

Goldfrapp

Hot Chip

Ilegales

Julian Casablancas

Mumford

Scratch Perverts

Vampire Weekend

Saturday 17th

Cut Copy

Daedelus

Four Tet

Ian Brown

Linds n Christ

Pil (2nd stage HL)

Prodigy

Specials

The Cribs

Yuksek

Sunday 18th

Dizzee Rascal

Foals

Leftfield

Two door Cinema Club

Unconfirmed

Benga Skream

Boys Noize

Calvin Harris

DJ Shadow 15th or 16th

Echo & Bunnymen

Ellie Goulding

Fionn Regan

jj

Jonston

Klaxons

Magnetic man

Midnight Juggernauts

Sr Chinarro

Yacht atsg

All off the bands individual wesites. Told you i was bored (and very sad!).

I´m also still in for Muse on Sunday: I called it, and I reckon we will get told this week (wed or thur afternoon)......

another quick question guys. actually a couple but i know you guys like to share your knowledge :P

firstly the camping does allow you to camp from the 12th - 20th right? im 90% sure thats what i read when buying the tickets but better safe than sorry eh?

and also where is the best place to camp? i believe theres camp beni and camp fiberfib or something? best to me is the one with best atmosphere/most alcohol consumption/ most people around18/19.

oh and do you need to get their early to secure a place in the 'better' camp and iff so how early?!

appreciate a wick reply from ya'll!

Edited by allgravy

ok a bit worried now. on the ticket section above where you select the site you want to buy tickets it says:

4-Day Ticket: £160

Include free camping between the 12th and 20th July

VIP Pass: 300€

On sale only at fiberfib.com (+ info) (buy)

4-Day Ticket: £ 150 (UNTIL JANUARY 20th)

Include free camping between the 12th and 20th July

whereas on the information section it says:

There are two camping areas: CampFIB (next to the Venue) and BeniCamp (in town). Both open their doors on Monday, July 12, at 9:00 am. And they both close on Tuesday, July 19, at 2:00 pm. Both 4-Day and 3-Day Tickets include the right to use the camping areas from when they open until when they close.

so do we get kicked out on the 19th or 20th? baring in mind ive booked flights home for 20th :|

Exactly the same mate, really starting to get p1ssed off now. starting to think something is going wrong on their side, or they just being greedy ad not spending the money on the line-up. im thinking poor ticket sales aswell which is worrying!

Glad I'm not the only one - thought I might just be being a grumpy old woman!! I'm sure there were more acts than this announced this time last year - and better quality too (although I do appreciate it was an anniversary year so they had bigger and better bands than usual). Am happy with VW, Courteeners, Leftfield, M & Sons, Cribs...but think they need a couple more serious headliners. Ridiculous really as people will just be buying tickets to alternative international festivals instead - that's what I'd be doing now if I hadn't already booked for Beni.

Am sure they say '100 bands' on the site...and there are surely only about 50 currently acts on the line-up (and about ten of those are utterly obscure acts that only their mothers have heard of!) - so presumably they're only halfway through...? I swear, if they announce another ten 'acts' along the lines of Alondra Bentley, Delorentos and Fionn Reagan (who, who and who?), I'm sticking the ticket on ebay and going to a couple of UK festivals instead!!

xxx

Glad I'm not the only one - thought I might just be being a grumpy old woman!! I'm sure there were more acts than this announced this time last year - and better quality too (although I do appreciate it was an anniversary year so they had bigger and better bands than usual). Am happy with VW, Courteeners, Leftfield, M & Sons, Cribs...but think they need a couple more serious headliners. Ridiculous really as people will just be buying tickets to alternative international festivals instead - that's what I'd be doing now if I hadn't already booked for Beni.

Am sure they say '100 bands' on the site...and there are surely only about 50 currently acts on the line-up (and about ten of those are utterly obscure acts that only their mothers have heard of!) - so presumably they're only halfway through...? I swear, if they announce another ten 'acts' along the lines of Alondra Bentley, Delorentos and Fionn Reagan (who, who and who?), I'm sticking the ticket on ebay and going to a couple of UK festivals instead!!

xxx

Hmmm!!!???

Peter Hook performing Unknown Pleasures

The Haçienda Night featuring Graeme Park, DJ Pierre and Justin Robertson

Charlotte Gainsbourg

Broken Bells

Love of Lesbian

Standstill

Bigott

El Hijo

Cuchillo

Parade

Cola Jet Set

Gentle Music Men

Cohete

Chin Yi (Ganador Proyecto Demo 10)

Marcus Doo & The Secret Family (Ganador Proyecto Demo 10)

The Paris Riots

Timo Maas

Prins Thomas

Joris Voorn

Jack L

Jeeesus Christ....be careful what you wish for, eh? Complaining about a half-full line-up.....but I'd rather it was half-full of quality than full to the brim with shite! I bet they were cringing in the old press & PR dept this morning before releasing this catalogue of absolute nonentities....! Shameful.

Edited by QueenCat