Petition for 2 Additional Brothers Bars!

Guest curtains

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More bars are needed. At one point it was 26 deep at the bar, I kid you not.

The rubbish is a completely different issue altogether. Your always going to get ignorant people who throw thier finished cups onto the ground. But it wouldn't matter what they were drinking, they'd do it.

Could it be that Brothers we're selling more than some of the other bars.....

More bars are needed. At one point it was 26 deep at the bar, I kid you not.

The rubbish is a completely different issue altogether. Your always going to get ignorant people who throw thier finished cups onto the ground. But it wouldn't matter what they were drinking, they'd do it.

Could it be that Brothers we're selling more than some of the other bars.....

Nope. Just more real ale bars - although this year with Bath Gem at most bars we were spoilt compared with previous years. :lol:

The more Brothers bars question was asked pre-Glasto and someone from Brothers said the reason there is only one bar is that they only have one!

On litter....I agree, how difficult is it to put your rubbish on the bin? It really bugs me something awful!

Edited by norainplease

I've seen a good incentive scheme at other festivals where you fill a binbag up with paper cups/plates and exchange it for a free pint (or it might have been a free can). It wouldn't take long to full a binbag outside the brothers bar, i'm sure such a scheme would be quite popular!

I've seen a good incentive scheme at other festivals where you fill a binbag up with paper cups/plates and exchange it for a free pint (or it might have been a free can). It wouldn't take long to full a binbag outside the brothers bar, i'm sure such a scheme would be quite popular!

I have no problem recommending Gem, but whether you'd trust my recommendation or not is up to you. :lol:

No, didn't see any Wherry on site for a change. Most of the regular bars actually had a choice of two ales, I think the other was Otter which wasn't as good as Gem.

Yes but that is the minority that actually take personal responsibility for their actions you know most of these upper class people dont give a crap, you dont have to have the exchange thing to get a drink, say you just collect ten cups and you get 10p off or collect 300 for a free pint. People are never gonna use the bins no matter how many you have!!!!

While many areas of the site had huge quantities of bins (the path from the Other stage to the Jazz World field springs to mind) there were other areas with hardly any accessible bins (the few bins that there were round the Pyramid field filled up in no time).

Is it not the case that the organisers have no interest in reducing litter in the areas around the stages? Are they not forced by the terms of their licence to have a certain number of staff on-site? (something like 30-35,000 I think) meaning that they need to find work to keep them all busy. No matter how much rubbish is dropped in the Jazz World stage I can't imagine it takes a crew of 30 or so litter pickers long to get it all cleared in the morning.

Also from the photos I have seen of the festivals refuse sorting centre the contents of all the bins are emptied out and re-sorted as punters can't be trusted to use the right bins, so it takes no extra man power to have the litter pickers sort the rubbish on the floor of the Jazz World field as it does to have them sort it on the conveyor belts of the recycling centre.

I don't have any inside knowledge of how things work behind the scenes so this is just speculation and I'm not condoning the actions of those who throw their rubbish on the floor, it's just disrespectfull to your environment, I just don't think the festival organisers have any motivation to change the situation.

I've been wondering about this. Given the willingness of some "guests" to push bins on their sides to sit on or stand on, would you not get some toe-rag emptying the bins looking for cups to exchange for beer, and thus create more mess? I know from school litter pickings years ago the first areas to be tidied were always the bins.

40ft container 800 squid

fitting it out as a bar might cost a bity more tho

Any other bars selling pear cider/perry?

More people tend to congregate around the brothers bar than a lot of others possibly due to location hence more littering, lots of discarded carriers aswell we bought these http://www.carryaround.com/ then we only have to bin the cups.

Probably agree with the demographic comment I mean just how many real ale cups can ten people drop in 5 days ;);):lol:

Get the Stella in! or something stronger than the 3.8% lager! i mean tuborg! more like rankborg! They should invent a cup that dissintergrates within 2 hours, or......a cup your can drop on the ground and stamp/rub your foot on it into the ground so it dissapears! dragons den here i come!

Get the Stella in! or something stronger than the 3.8% lager! i mean tuborg! more like rankborg! They should invent a cup that dissintergrates within 2 hours, or......a cup your can drop on the ground and stamp/rub your foot on it into the ground so it dissapears! dragons den here i come!