34 weeks pregnant at V

Guest cthulu

Last year they were taking camping chairs and stools off of people at the arena gate. Are they going to do this to me too if I am massively pregnant? The only way I will be able to go is if I am predominantly sat in a chair, otherwise it will be too much. I won't be able to go if I am on my feet all day.

What do you think?

Edited by cthulu

Last year they were taking camping chairs and stools off of people at the arena gate. Are they going to do this to me too if I am massively pregnant? The only way I will be able to go is if I am predominantly sat in a chair, otherwise it will be too much. I won't be able to go if I am on my feet all day.

What do you think?

Haha, love the name conversation :P

Firstly, congrats :)

Re. the whole chair thing, blow up may be the way forward? Or have one of the little stools disguised/hidden somewhere whilst getting into the arena? I don't know the logics behind it just yet, but if I think of anything, I'll post it.

unfortunatley I think it'll be a case of who you get on the gate. Some people are nice and reasonable others are arseholes no matter what your situation. Try a chair but your best bet is one of those little stools as you'd be able to stash that hidden somewhere. My main concern would be either way at 34weeks preggers if it rains and we have last years mud you'll find it hard going no matter what you have to sit on.

Good luck!! I know there was no way I could have done a festie at 34weeks! your either brilliant or crazy lol

There is the disabled area at the back at Weston (behind V stage) if you are nice they might let you in there, if not I can recommend a pack pillow (comes in a stuff sack) and go sit yourself down where you can see.

Also you could get an inflatable chair and see if they will let you take that in (its not exactly going to kill anyone is it?).

As for being born during a set I'd want back in if I was stuck listening to Lady Gaga or Pete Doherty!

I sincerely hope he isn't born at V!! He is going to be called Alexander James after going in utero to Glastonbury this year and watching Blur :lol:

Thanks to everyone who suggested an inflatable chair. I think I will take a couple just incase. The FAQ's say pregnant people can't go in the disabled area. I'm having a hell of a job getting through to the organisers to ask about chairs. I suppose the next crisis will be toilets. There sure weren't enough last year, which is going to be extra fun especially as the "childzilla" inside me keeps kicking my bladder!!

I remember last year there was a girl pregnant and she went to the front of the queue and asked nicely if anyone minded her butting in and nobody minded. As long as you ask nicely I think you'll find people are pretty decent about it

Anyone know of a way I can contact the organisers to find out about taking a chair into the area. Inflatable is an option but is quite low and I am fat and cumbersome now. I have had absoluteltly no luck getting anyone to respond to emails

Last year I had a bad road accident a couple of months before V and so had to use a walking stick to get around. In much the same situation as you, I needed a fishing chair for most of the day. I managed to get my chair into the arena past the screws after explaining why I needed it so you should have no problem either.

just wanted to say to be careful at V with regards to swine flu, be extra vigilant with the anti-bac gel when you go the toilets and so forth. Lots of people have come back from festivals with swine flu this year and it can be pretty nasty when preggers so be careful

• 3 weeks later...
just wanted to say to be careful at V with regards to swine flu, be extra vigilant with the anti-bac gel when you go the toilets and so forth. Lots of people have come back from festivals with swine flu this year and it can be pretty nasty when preggers so be careful