Chill and Charge Tent

Guest nightcrawler13

I went through nearly all the festival with no phone. The first night my phone ended up falling in a bucket of water with great comic effect, my campmates were in stitches. I tried it a few times in the weekend and the very moment we were about to leave I tried it and it finally had dried out, typical.

It was very interesting being phoneless, we forget how much we don't need them.

Oh my god! We got wristbands for the VIP Chill & Charge tipi just next door to the ruffians tent. It was - and I say this with a LOT of backstage festival experience - literally the BEST place I have EVER been.

There was:

- a free bar (with drinks tokens that we were freely given); and free crisps

- plasma screens, lovely massive cushions, tables, guitar hero, charging points, fairy lights

- totally brand new showers and toilets - they were absolutely OH MY GOD immaculate. As if they'd just been unwrapped from factory cling film. I've never seen showers like them in my LIFE - they were huge and spacious.

I think that's all I have to say about Chill and Charge. Orange are fantastic!x

Green futures field.... get my phone charged their every year, its a bit dodge, you give him your phone and 2 quid and he gives you a raffle ticket, you come back in a couple of hours and he gives you your phone fully charged.

Used it for the last 3 years, never had any problems, and it beats queueing then hanging round for ages while your phone charges.

I thought the queues were mad. Why/how can so many people at a festival use their mobile so much that they need to charge it so frequently? I don't see why, but loads of people were lounging and walking about and texting/phoning people whilst with their mates - so it's got to be family or friends at home. Why do that? You're at Glastonbury so get stuck into the festival!

FWIW, I had to use my phone to meet up with mates at Glasto and rang my wife & son every day and it still lasted the 5 days with no charging.

Took my Android phone down this year, brought a double sized battery for plus one of these.

http://######/3Iwi9D

These phones, like the iPhone, eat batteries for breakfast. I taped it to the back of my day-sack and had it plugged into the phone all day. Whilst it didn't exactly put a massive charge on the battery it did stop it from dropping it's charge and worked well in over-cast conditions, I was more than happy with it.