Benicassim essentials!

Guest sproston_greeen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time me and my friends have gone so we're noobs and it would be a great help if you lot could answer a couple of questions for me :(

Firstly all my friends are 18 but I am 17 is there anything I have to do to be allowed into the festival or is it alright?

Hi there,

I'm taking the bare minimum with me. My experinces of Oxegen have taught me, the less baggage the better.

Hoping to rustle up a tent when I land.

Think we might have a few hours to burn after we land until are bus leaves, so we would dart into Barcelona?

Anybody know of anywhere I might be able to find one?

Roll on Monday

Hi there,

I'm taking the bare minimum with me. My experinces of Oxegen have taught me, the less baggage the better.

Hoping to rustle up a tent when I land.

Think we might have a few hours to burn after we land until are bus leaves, so we would dart into Barcelona?

Anybody know of anywhere I might be able to find one?

Roll on Monday

a hypermarket like alcampo is probably your best bet ... i got a 6 man tent for about 20 euro from there a couple of years ago... failing that, corte ingles might have them but you'll probably pay a lot more for them. can you not take a cheapo tesco tent with you and leave it behind?
Edited by ash2dabash

Cheers,

Well I could, it's just I can't be arsed with the hassle of lugging it all the way from Belfast,

And don't get me wrong, it's getting left behind no matter what :P

I'm hoping to keep all gear in hand luggage size. Carrying anything in the sun is going to be a mare :D

Anthing else required i'm hoping to get over there.

Think the lads have theirs so i'm only looking for a small one. Nothing special.

Yeah they don't let Villa fans in. :huh:

You could take a letter from a parent/guardian but in reality I reckon as long as you don't look about twelve you'll have no problems. But if you do you could always come and find me or cmdrgravy cuz we're old enough to pretend to be yer grandad. :)

the cheap 2 person tents weigh next to nothing and if you didnt bother with the pegs you might get away with it as hand luggage?

or.... if one of your friends would let you store your bag in their tent what about one of those beach shelter things? i saw them in morrisons the other week and couldnt believe how tiny they folded up...

carrying heavy stuff in the sun is horrid, as is setting your tent up in the midday sun - prepare to sweat like you have never sweated before!

Suppose so. I'll work out at the weekend. Cheers anyway. Definitely look into those shelter things.

Sounds like a winner!

Midday sun. Just the way I like it :)

Haha sounds fantastic. It's going to be hot hot hot!

I've been trying to acclimatize recently, not leaving the window open at night.

Not going well so far. Slept about 15 hours all week.

It's gonna be a long week :huh: We're f**ked

I think you'd be better of with a small tent than a beach shelter, the first year I went (1843 I think) there was a massive thunderstorm and it pissed down and the second year it rained so hard on the thursday that the water was bouncing about six foot in the air after hitting the ground.

this may sound a stupid question but how do you normaly pack your tent?

never traveled abroad with a tent so not sure where best to put the f**ker.

is it best to pack it inside your backpack so less chance it mite get broken or do you tie it on top/bottom of backpack to dave space inside you bag?? its just a standard tent and im flying with ryanair if that makes any difference? any other packing advice apart from packing light??

thanks in advance for you advice

Nice thread.

My list includes...

- If your staying at marinador - an extra E40 for a weeks shuttle pass

- A sunhat with a pouch inside the roof - provides shade and a good place to smuggle smiley faces

- If youve got the space - a normal towel (for the salty sandy beach) and a travel towel to feel clean for more than 2 minutes when you come out the shower.

- anything that keeps drinks cool, unless you like warm drinks of course.

- A pen knife, for making cheese and tomato baguettes with.

- Common sense, spontaneity, a good taste in music and £100 more than you need in your bank account.

this may sound a stupid question but how do you normaly pack your tent?

never traveled abroad with a tent so not sure where best to put the f**ker.

is it best to pack it inside your backpack so less chance it mite get broken or do you tie it on top/bottom of backpack to dave space inside you bag?? its just a standard tent and im flying with ryanair if that makes any difference? any other packing advice apart from packing light??

thanks in advance for you advice

My good friend has lent me this huge backpack that he used for travelling in africa, does anyone know if I will be able to put this in the hold on the plane. I'm flying with ryanair and im just worried i'll get to the airport tomorrow morning and they will say NO!

Is anyone taking a bag like this or has anyone been to benni before and used one on Ryanair?

There is (was) a pub on the main street, called Ye Olde English, or King Georges, or Chelsea pub (I think it was Chelsea pub), which is air conditioned down stairs, pitch black, and has settees, which tends to show a lot of sports.

Not sure you'll have much chane of the GAA, but reckon there's a good chance of the ashes being on.

My good friend has lent me this huge backpack that he used for travelling in africa, does anyone know if I will be able to put this in the hold on the plane. I'm flying with ryanair and im just worried i'll get to the airport tomorrow morning and they will say NO!

Is anyone taking a bag like this or has anyone been to benni before and used one on Ryanair?