How to deal with a hot tent?

Guest Ruby77

If by any small chance that the weather is good this year (not that I want to temp fate!) does anyone know how to deal with the tent getting like a sauna due to the sun blaring on it?

I found this to be a problem last year and saw some people with a kind of foil like sheet over the tent which I assume reflects the heat but the camping shop seemed to have no idea what I was talking about!

Any ideas??

Sleep outside as soon as the sun gets on the tent! Half in the tent, half out...whatever takes your fancy.

Nothing like that first blast of heat and the simultaenous sound of zzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppp as an entire field of hot bunnies fall out of their tents! :rolleyes:

The silver blankets definitly work...at Rockness we had cool food and beer all day thanks to the covering on the tent! And if you do use them, bring some hurricane pegs too to attach the blankies to the tent.

Magicool is quite good as a temporary fix - you spray it around and it, er, magically makes thing cool. However, it's expensive, it comes in a can so is heavy to carry, and I'm not sure aerosols are a good idea inside a tent (might harm the proofing).

I am glad I read about the space blankets. I put One Pole up in the garden and before even the last rope was pinned down it was like a swedish sauna in there (without any fit swedish women in residence just sweaty little me).

The thought of hangover+stifling heat is enough to make my head throb just thinking about it.

Shame you can't get solar powered fans. Ooh maybe you can I just never thought to look <<<<This sort of thing is what is making Mr MSA think about 'borrowing' one of those lush barrows with pumped up wheels from our local garden centre :rolleyes:

You can in Oz...solar powered fans...but a bit pricey...prob can get em here too from a proper camping shop.

It's no hassle at all, just use gaffer tape and it's sound. Personally i'd find it more hassle trying to sleep off a night at the Stone Circle in a Sauna.

Wrap your crates in them too. Godsend!!!!

I cant belive ppl are worried about hot tents were do you think we are going this is glastonbury in england not thailand

and yes i have been camping in heat before but why is it a worry like stated before just stick heed out of tent etc etc

sprays and tin foil hats sounds limke a conspiracy to me ???