What was your worst moment at glastonbury?

Guest Chickenburger

My worst moment was when I went outside for some air, at the Dance tents about 2 a.m. in 2005.

Another guy came out of the next tent, and was followed by another bloke, who absolutely kicked ten tons of shit out of him. I actually thought the guy was dead. He was still being punched whilst he lay unconcious.

I shouted at the assailant, figuring worse comes to worse I could leg it back into my tent and crew of ten or so. He just muttered "Oh, he was touching women" or something and disappeared back to where he had come with a big smile on his face. I waited until security turned up, but the bloke was still sparko and this was a good five minutes later.

I honestly expected to hear he had died the next day.

Not the sort of camaraderie you expext at Glasto, that's for sure.

Edited by mooro

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 is my only glastonbury, and although i left with good memories, it was hard not to be joyful when leaving due to pure exhaustion and discomfort. I was working at the Jazz lounge, and had to do take down our tent in the pissing rain at about 4 in the morning after a couple of hours sleep covered in mud, as i had at last slipped over in the mud, to go and take down the rigging in the lounge, all on a monster hangover. It seemed there was no end in sight.

please let this year be dry

SUnday evening 2007 for me as well I think....

Though it all started quite well - I'd had enough of the rain and the mud so wandered into the Queens Head tent... it was really quiet in there for some reason - could get to the bar really easily so stood with a friend drinking and watching the line up.... saw Tunng, Seasick Steve and Cold War Kids that night right at the front of the tent...

Then wandered back to my tent and got caught in the eye by the end of a flagpole - some 'twat' was clearly a bit out of it and not looking where they were going... worse still they were so oblivious that they'd caught me in the eye and just kept on walking and laughing with mates, one of whom did realise and laughed at my pain....

Grim - very very grim...

Sean

Think it was 2005, been on the white wine all day, approx 3 litres :) but forgot to actually eat anything which when you are diabetic is not a good idea.

Went into a diabetic coma just as the Killers walked on stage which was probably a blessing in disguise. Thankfully there was a doctor stood right behind me who sorted me out, would not have been a happy bunny dying whilst the Killers where on, maybe Doves or Kasabian but the bloody Killers???