Travel

Guest ploobz

Anyone else travelling down from Edinburgh (Scotland in general) just for Radiohead day?

I'm well annoyed at the train prices, cheapest is getting a return for £50, not cool, thought the trains would be nice and cheap.

I'm heading down for the whole weekend from Glasgow. I've not gfot my train tickets yet but I'm hopefull I'll get a ticket for under £50. Hope you can find yourself a better deal.

I'm heading down from Glasgow for the whole weekend too. Cheapest train tickets I've seen were around £20 for two singles with a rail card. If you're eligible for a rail card and don't already have one then get one, they'll pay for themselves on one journey

I travel between Glasgow and Yorkshire a couple of times a year, and i've found that you're always gonna get skinned when you travel by train. If you can find a return for less than £40 you're doing really really well.

You can get a megabus to Manchester which costs about £25 and only takes 5 hours, then another cheap bus to Leeds if you're wanting to save a little bit of cash in exchange for more hassle.

• 4 weeks later...

Me and my mates are going from Edinburgh via York, travelling down on the thurs (were camping) and returning on the monday!

£48 without a Travel card, and £27 with using two single tickets!

There's a shuttle bus from York st to the site, but only on the thurs, so it will be prob be a bit more for going to leeds

Bus would be a nightmare!